Uploading/Storing videos and pictures

triggxl43

Idea

It would be nice to utilize some space on my account as a backup drive for pictures and videos that I've taken on my phone. I really enjoy going to concerts, but the videos I shoot can take up a lot of space. Would love to be able to store them on my account. 

5 replies to this idea

I assume cloud services like Google Drive, DropBox etc. not achieving what you are trying to accomplish. 

When it comes to file control, I don't see Evernote as storage space, rather an organizing and an indexing app. So, if I want to store videos, I would use a cloud storage app then reference those locations in Evernote, with links, remarks and screenshots.

Let's say you went to a concert and upload the videos to Google Drive, then I would create a note, tag it properly depending on your preferences (such as concert, videos, cloud, location etc. whatever works for you to find them easy), then I would paste the online link to the note. So I can pull all those videos by locating this note and clicking on the note.

I find the mobile app (or even the windows app) slow when opening a note with a significant size file in it. Referencing the location takes care of this problem for me.

Further, you can use different services and not worry about where you saved one concert vs. another. You can use DropBox for one and Google Drive for the other as long as it is referenced in Evernote properly. No need to purchase cloud storage, just utilize the free space with all the services.

Hope this helps a little.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, triggxl43 said:

It would be nice to utilize some space on my account as a backup drive for pictures and videos that I've taken on my phone. I really enjoy going to concerts, but the videos I shoot can take up a lot of space. Would love to be able to store them on my account. 

What problems are you encountering?

Evernote has no limit on amount of data stored, but there are limits on note size and monthly upload5a2abba64127a_ScreenShot2017-12-08at08_17_44.png.4ff9bf758a29abf4818fcb0968856897.png

As per @TK0047 using Evernote as a backup drive isn't a great solution.  My prefernce would be external storage and include a link in a note

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

No need to purchase cloud storage, just utilize the free space with all the services.

I'd add Mega to the list, particularly for videos based upon the free component.

Archived