Sticky Information Sidebar

Reiner Knudsen

Idea

When I add multiple documents to Evernote from my scanner I usually have to adjust not only the title but also the creation date, assign tags and move to the correct notebook.

I could do that much (!) faster if I had a sticky information sidebar rather than open the info dialogue by clicking the icon or pressing the keyboard combination.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Reiner Knudsen said:

When I add multiple documents to Evernote from my scanner I usually have to adjust not only the title but also the creation date, assign tags and move to the correct notebook.

I could do that much (!) faster if I had a sticky information sidebar rather than open the info dialogue by clicking the icon or pressing the keyboard combination.

Which platform?

On my Mac, the title, notebook, and tags are listed across the top of the note.  I rarely adjust the creation date.5a269b922f3ec_ScreenShot2017-12-05at05_11_33.png.4f39b3521b40e565d126e20fcbaf5f08.png

On 12/5/2017 at 7:55 AM, DTLow said:

I rarely adjust the creation date.

I guess it depends on the document and your approach to filing in Evernote... if the date the original note/document was created is more relevant than the date you actually scanned and added it to Evernote (perhaps when archiving old documents or consolidating systems). 

I could see changing the create date often, if I was scanning a journal, for example [although there might be other approaches].  Or if you didn't want the historical scans to make it hard to see notes you actually created recently.

On Windows, you can also change the date shown in the upper right corner of the individual note to be the create date.  Then you can just click on the date to change it.  [DTLow already pointed out Notebook, Title, Tags can be changed there.]

[I'm not sure how to change the creation date on many notes in bulk]

image.png.08c0c3db85e7a6d3334be627728dbccf.png

Archived