remove tags from multiple notes

I'm using Evernote for GTD. When I finish a task it represents a single note with multiple associated tags. I'd like to be able to drag completed notes into a notebook called "Completed" and then remove all tags from that note. It would be nice to do that as a batch. So, each day I could go into the "Completed" notebook, selected all the notes and have all tags associations deleted from those notes.  Hope that is clear. I've searched and cannot find an answer. I realize I could just delete the notes but I'd like to track what I've accomplished.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, jabberwocky 57 said:

I'm using Evernote for GTD. When I finish a task it represents a single note with multiple associated tags. I'd like to be able to drag completed notes into a notebook called "Completed" and then remove all tags from that note. It would be nice to do that as a batch. So, each day I could go into the "Completed" notebook, selected all the notes and have all tags associations deleted from those notes.  Hope that is clear. I've searched and cannot find an answer. I realize I could just delete the notes but I'd like to track what I've accomplished.

My solution would be to write an Applescript to clear the tags

Its not clear on why you would want to clear all tags.  I wouldn't want to lose the tag information I set up for a note.

Also, why a Notebook?  I'd just add a Completed tag

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Not sure I understand either - to remove the 'completed' tags from all notes in the notebook,  find all the notes in that notebook with the tag - a search for "notebook:completed tag:completed" (without the quotes) should do that.  Select all the notes and (on a desktop) you'll see a menu with the tag at the bottom.  Click the 'x' on that tag and you'll remove it from all the notes.  (You might want to add a 'test' tag to a few notes to try this out before you go crazy with it!)

Kinda looks more complicated than it is.  Hope that helps...

• 1 year later...

This is actually quite easy to do. Go to the TAGS screen and then double-click on the tag you want to remove. That will bring up a list of all the notes with that tag, as well as the screen for multi-note operations. The tag in question will be displayed there and, at that point, all you need to do is delete it to remove it from all of the notes that currently have it.