(Archived) 2 Features missing that are preventing me from upgrading

I love the note taking capability and ubiquitous access that Evernote provides. There are two features that would make Evernote so much better:

1. The ability to password protect the login to the Evernote client

Many of us use Evernote to store confidential information like credit card numbers and passwords. While you can go through and encrypt each individual text string, I would also/rather have a facility where the Evernote client (Iphone, etc.) requires a password or pin # before the program can launch. You see this with other secure apps like mint.com.

2. The ability to use Evernote as a to-do task manager

I use Evernote to track my tasks. It would be very useful if Evernote had the ability to assign a start and due date along with notifications for each note. This would provide the 80% of functionality needed for task management that is found in expensive programs like "Things" for the Mac.

Keep up the great work Evernote!

Cheers,

Bob Gilbert

Director of Marketing

Riverbed Technology

bob@riverbed.com

Many of us use Evernote to store confidential information like credit card numbers and passwords. While you can go through and encrypt each individual text string, I would also/rather have a facility where the Evernote client (Iphone, etc.) requires a password or pin # before the program can launch. You see this with other secure apps like mint.com.

Security has been discussed at great length on the board. You can find the threads by searching on the word security. If you want to store sensitive information on your computer, encrypting the data is a must. I use Truecrypt on my PC to encrypt all my sensitive info and I use a dedicated password manager (that encrypts it's database) for my passwords, pins, SSNs, etc.

I use Evernote to track my tasks. It would be very useful if Evernote had the ability to assign a start and due date along with notifications for each note. This would provide the 80% of functionality needed for task management that is found in expensive programs like "Things" for the Mac.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=16130#p64175

Thanks BurgersNFries.

Its great to see that due dates are coming. That's the first step in being able to use Evernote as a true task management solution. The next step will hopefully be notifications. For example, the iPhone version might use "Growl" to notify when a task is due.

Regarding security, I should have been more clear. I am talking about the iPhone version of Evernote. Like various financial apps do on the Iphone, adding the option for a login/passcode upon launch of the app would be very useful. If someone has my iPhone (with our without my permission), being able to pass-word protect the app would help to protect the sensitive data in that app. You can obviously do this today with Evernote by encrypting specific text strings and that is great, but protecting the entry altogether would be useful as well. Another request, which has obviously been discussed on these forums, is the ability to password-protect at the note level. Either entry or at the note level would be address my specific needs here.

Regards,

Bob

Archived