(Archived) My Ex-Girlfriend Deleted all of my Evernotes

codyhess

Idea

In a fit of rage, my ex-girlfriend (who was living in my apartment while I peaced out) deleted every note from my iMac's Evernote on and emptied the trash. By the time she informed me, the deletion had propagated to the web client and to my laptop.

Is there anyway I can get my notes back?

(She also destroyed every paper notebook I've written since high school :( )

3 replies to this idea

Sorry to hear this. If you don't have any of the notes on another computer (IE at work) or a backup of your database, you are SOL.

As an aside, sounds like it's good she's an ex...anyone who would be that vindictive is bad news, IMO. Don't let her near your clothes with bleach or a pair of scissors. :( Also, probably a good idea to not share passwords with anyone and do backups.

Sorry to hear this. If you don't have any of the notes on another computer (IE at work) or a backup of your database, you are SOL.

Also, probably a good idea to not share passwords with anyone and do backups.

:? Yeah I figured...

She didn't know my passwords but Evernote on my desktop was in a perpetual state of openness. Never again!

If you have any form of backup for your computer (e.g. a TimeMachine backup of your hard drive), you could potentially recover your local database files from that.

Archived