Subfolders

Perry Jurick

Idea

I REALLY would like to make subfolders in Evernote a thing. I'm an extremely specific person and I like everything to be in subfolders. 

For example, I'm a photographer and I like to have all of my clients as a separate note. I'd LOVE to be able to have subfolders in my "Clients" notebook for completed, processing, & queued clients. 

Does anybody else forward this? I think this needs to be a thing.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Perry Jurick said:

I REALLY would like to make subfolders in Evernote a thing.

There are other requests, you can search for nested notebooks

Generally Evernote was designed to eliminate the need for subfolders
It makes use of a Tag paradigm

>>I'd LOVE to be able to have subfolders in my "Clients" notebook for completed, processing, & queued clients. 

Evernote does allow you to group your notebooks in Stacks,
for example you can have Completed, Processing and Queued Stacks

Be aware, there is a 250 notebook limit for personal accounts

• Level 5*
On 02/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, RPike said:

I would love to see sub folders also. I am a very detailed person like you, Perry. 

DTlow, is it 250 notebooks for the basic plan? I have the Premium, do you know how many notebooks for this plan?

Hi.  250 notebooks also applies to Premium subscribers.  There are strategies to free up notebooks by archiving content into another notebook / stack / account - just tag all the notes in several notebooks with the notebook names,  using a format that identifies all of those notes.  I use 123456-<NotebookName> where 123456 is a unique number generated by my password software,  or just the current date without punctuation (as in 171204).  Search for that number to list all notes in several notebooks,  then move all notes into one archive.

There are many other ways to achieve the same ends.

Archived