Looking to get started with the Evernote Discussion Forums?

• Level 5

Hi there, and welcome to the Evernote Discussion Forum!

In order to begin using the Evernote Discussion Forums you will first need to setup an Evernote Account. Once completed, you can then login with your Evernote Account to setup your Evernote Forum Account and begin posting in the discussion forums.

To setup your Evernote Account do this:

1. Click on 'Existing user? Sign In' in the top right hand corner of the page
  2. This will direct you to the 'Evernote Sign in Screen'
  3. Click on 'Create Account

Welcome_Back.png

4. Choose an email address and password you would like to use for your Evernote Account

Create_an_Evernote_Account.png

5. Select a 'Display Name' and click on 'Create My Account'

Complete_Registration_-_Evernote_User_Forum.png

6. After you have selected your 'Display Name', you can begin posting in the Evernote Discussion Forums with your Evernote Forum Account

Congratulations, you've successfully completed the account creation process!

Note: All new members will need to have their first post approved before their posts will be publicly viewable

• Like 1
  • Shane D. featured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Is it correct that your forum account and your Evernote account(s) are wholly separate? That's my understanding anyways. If so, it might be a good idea to change references like 'your Evernote Account' to 'your Evernote forum account'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
52 minutes ago, Guest Rodney said:

is there a way around the limit of 250 notebooks?  I need about 300. 

Not cool to tack your post onto an ongoing discussion.  Post as a new discussion in one of the Help forums.  You can also search the forums to see if your question has Been answered,.

Evernote has set a limit of 250 notebooks on Personal Accounts
You can upgrade your account to a Business Account

Evernote's primary organization method is Tags.  
- In addition to a limit of 100,000; multiple tags can be assigned to a note.
- The Win/Mac platforms allow tags to be organized in an unlimited hierarchy

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I really want to know if there is a way for a user to start a discussion. I mean a new discussion. I followed everything you said in your post about starting a discussion but do not see a button or an option anywhere that lets me 'START A DISCUSSION'. Thanks.

There is a messaging icon on top but every time I fill the form and hit send, it says the email address I entered cannot receive email. Curious to know how this works.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, DilipN said:

I really want to know if there is a way for a user to start a discussion. I mean a new discussion. I followed everything you said in your post about starting a discussion but do not see a button or an option anywhere that lets me 'START A DISCUSSION'. Thanks.

You must first choose the appropriate subforum to create your topic. Then, at the head of every subforum, there's a link to create a new topic, labelled "START NEW TOPIC", up at the top-right side of the forum header. For example:

image.thumb.png.10e3060637136292722a493a2efebe20.png

• Thanks 1