Fan runs full speed!

I am running High Sierra and my version of Evernote is 6.13.1. I am a Premium user. 

I have noticed that my fan is running at high speed all the time that I am using Evernote. I have enclosed a screenshot from Activity Monitor showing how much CPU Evernote is using. To me it seems like a lot, excessive even. 

I have a 2014 MBP with 16G of RAM and 1T SSD. 

Is this normal? Even now when I am typing this Evernote is open but I am not using it but still the fan is running and running. Thank you for any help, Judy

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 8.35.46 PM.png

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, mrstucci said:

Is this normal?

Seems high; mine shows  2.2%
You should also look at the Memory used
Also, check the Evernote activity log

I don't know what's going on, but it would be a good idea to quit Evernote; then restart

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mrstucci said:

I have enclosed a screenshot from Activity Monitor showing how much CPU Evernote is using. To me it seems like a lot, excessive even. 

I have a 2014 MBP with 16G of RAM and 1T SSD. 

This is definitely excessive.  Did you just make an update to Evernote?  Sometimes there can be a brief period where CPU usage is high while Evernote is recreating indexes it needs.

If it continues, I would:

1. Restart your Mac, then start Evernote, and examine CPU usage.
  2. If high usage continues, then you can try a simple app  reinstall:
    1. Move the Evernote app to the trash
      (this should not affect your data)
    2. Download the version you want
    3. Install Evernote.
  3. If it still continues high usage, then the next step is major surgery:  See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

If you are uncomfortable with any of that, or have questions, please post before you take any actions.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for that suggestion. I will try the first option first and then take a deep breath and do option #2 if option #1 doesn't work. 

It's been a few days since I installed any updates to Evernote and the fan ran at hyper speed all day (when I was in Evernote). Even when I left Evernote it continued. Right now it's quiet. I haven't opened up Evernote yet this morning. 

Archived