Can I select an individual cell in an Evernote table?

I'm a recent convert to Evernote. I'm finding tables quite useful but I'm struggling with selecting anything.

If, for example, I want to centre everything in a row or column , I can see that I'm meant to somehow click on the grey boxes that appear in order to select the whole row or column but that's not working for me. 

However, when it comes to selecting an individual cell, I just don't have a clue! I've tried a variety of ways - no joy! Am I missing something?

Anyone got any answers, (I'll even use a workaround - I'm not proud!)?

Thanks

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, BODGER99 said:

I'm a recent convert to Evernote. I'm finding tables quite useful but I'm struggling with selecting anything.

If, for example, I want to centre everything in a row or column , I can see that I'm meant to somehow click on the grey boxes that appear in order to select the whole row or column but that's not working for me. 

However, when it comes to selecting an individual cell, I just don't have a clue! I've tried a variety of ways - no joy! Am I missing something?

Anyone got any answers, (I'll even use a workaround - I'm not proud!)?

Thanks

There are two functions to format the contents of a table.  The format bar and the drop down arrow in the table.  The format bar is about things horizontal and text.  The drop down is for things vertical and background coloring.  

For an entire row or column, click on the grey bar for the row or column, it should turn green.  Then you can use the format bar or the drop down arrow in the table to format.  For a cell click in the cell to use the drop down, highlight what is in the cell to use the format bar and then format.

ScreenClip.png.f1d9eb980b99cd81be53c15406ce4e7e.png

Archived