REQUEST: When opening sidebar folders, option for *auto-scroll* to show contents

soundsgoodtome

Idea

Analogy:

Say you have 50 stacks, one for each of the 50 US states, and in each stack, there's a notebook for the 20 biggest cities in that state. Many times a day, when I open the stack for Washington or Wyoming (at the bottom of the list), the 20 notebooks, contained within, are displayed beneath the lower edge of the sidebar. So, before I can view those notebooks, I have to grab the scroll bar and scroll down before I can see the contents of the folder that I just opened.

It may seem like a small thing, but now, imagine having to do this hundreds of times a day. It's excruciating. When we click a stack's disclosure button, why can't Evernote be smart enough to know that since we want to see its contents, it should scroll the sidebar to display that stack's contents?

FEATURE REQUEST: An option, in preferences, to do just that: To have the sidebar automatically scroll to display the contents of a stack, once its disclosure button is clicked.

As always, to protect users who prefer the current behavior, it would seem best to make this an option that could be enabled (or not), per users' needs.

Thanks.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, soundsgoodtome said:

Say you have 50 folders, one for each of the 50 US states, and in each folder, there's a notebook for the 20 biggest cities in that state.

I could vote for a request for general auto-scroll, but you've made this specific to the Mac platform, and folders/notebooks.  I have minimum notebooks, but the same issue with tags

Evernote doesn't use the any feature termed folders.  
Do you mean Stacks, which are used to group Notebooks

Be warned;  Personal accounts have a limit of 250 notebooks.
You may want to rethink your organization analogy

19 hours ago, DTLow said:

I could vote for a request for general auto-scroll, but you've made this specific to the Mac platform, and folders/notebooks.  I have minimum notebooks, but the same issue with tags

Evernote doesn't use the any feature termed folders.  
Do you mean Stacks, which are used to group Notebooks

Be warned;  Personal accounts hava a limit of 250 notebooks.
You may want to rethink your organization

Good grief, you're pedantic. And your tone is pompous and unfriendly.

1. The fact that I posted this in the Mac platform is in no way an indication that I'd want the feature to be limited to Macs. If you can't vote for the feature because I happened to post it here (where I thought it belonged), why are you even bothering to read the Mac forums in the first place? I don't know what features the Windows version has or doesn't have. I posted this here, because that's the client I happen to be using. Had I posted something in the general forum that should have been posted in the Mac forum, no doubt you'd be complaining about that.

2. Since my description was detailed, you know exactly what I meant. Why be snide? You could just as easily have referred to, "folders (or what Evernote refers to as 'stacks')." You seem to have a childish need to word things in such a way that they prickle.

3. I don't need to rethink anything. I constructed an analogy to illustrate a point. For illustrative clarity, I even began my post with that very word. Perhaps you're unfamiliar with its meaning.

There are ways of communicating that don't come across as critical or scolding. You seem wholly unfamiliar with them. Ironically, not one word of your reply was instructive. Your "helpfulness" is exceeded only by your lack thereof.

I'm disabling notification of replies, because I don't care about anything else you have to say.

(Moderators, some forum software allows users to hide all comments by specific users. If this forum software doesn't support that feature, please ask its developer to add it.)

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, soundsgoodtome said:

Moderators, some forum software allows users to hide all comments by specific users. If this forum software doesn't support that feature, please ask its developer to add it.

I amended my post to reference your organization analogy
I'll just post this screenshot to avoid being pedantic, pompous, unfriendly, critical, scolding, snide, prickle5a11becfa2583_ScreenShot2017-11-19at09_23_20.png.be0c4032bdd24db452bff5cc9ff4dba7.png.7660b03544d097f5c15ae63486207c80.png

Archived