Make Penultimate Notes a "First Class Citizen"

smp

Idea

Hello,

I've spent the last two months with my new apple pencil, trying to love penultimate, but running into some major problems with my day-to-day workflow that are quite frustrating. All of these issues are likely due to various integration challenges which I cannot even begin to fathom, but here are my headaches, fix them how you will:

1. When a user creates a new note in evernote and selects 'draw' there should be an option to default into penultimate. Ideally, it would be the same penultimate experience running natively within the EN app.

2. When a user creates a new note in penultimate, they should have the ability to tag notes with autocomplete based on existing tags.

3. Notes created in penultimate should be editable within EN and vice versa.

4. Users should see all notebooks within penultimate and be able to create notes in them, regardless of if a penultimate note already exists within a notebook

Maybe, one day, penultimate can be integrated right into the iOS EN application (instead of 'sketch'), which would solve pretty much all of the above problems.

Thanks for considering,

-Shawn

2 replies to this idea

"Me too". I've come back to Evernote - tagging and reminders did it for me. Still depressed to see that there is no native support for handwriting though. 

Being able to integrate other handwriting apps with Evernote is all well and good, but the notes becoming read-only and unable to exploit any of the EN framework is pointless.

It’s surprising to me that with the release of the apple pencil, goodnotes, and many other competing handwritten notes apps that penultimate/EN haven’t innovated in any way. It’s a shame that handwritten notes don’t get much love in an app called everNOTE.

Please EN, you are the center of my digital brain, invest in handwritten notes!! <3

Archived