New Evernote Web Feedback

DandelionSteph

Idea

I want to try out the new nested tabs function of the New Evernote Web. I believe it will be useful for how I use Evernote. However, I also want the aesthetic setup of the Old Evernote Web. New Evernote web is just too white for me. It blends together with a bunch of other websites' setups, like Mental_floss's new seemingly mobile-optimized setup. (It used to have a red border; now it's mostly white and ugly to look at) As I use a laptop, I want something that looks good on a laptop. I prefer websites to have a distinct and pleasant look, one that isn't a "me too" copycat to other mobile-optimized website "relaunches". 

Furthermore, I like a more text-heavy experience. The new Evernote Web seems too blank and sparse for me. Apparently, this was done in the name of being "clear" and "distraction-free", but I feel more comfortable around such so-called "distractions". It's like a detail-rich forest ripe for exploring compared to a Better Homes & Gardens-style carefully-configured garden.

I would be happy to try out the New Evernote Web and its new functions if it felt like it had my tastes in mind. 

(I would send this feedback to Evernote privately if I could, but unfortunately the only way to communicate this feedback is through a forum. I feel shy around product forums.)

1 reply to this idea

Agreed! Nested tags would be awesome, but I keep trying out the new web interface, and I make it maybe 5 minutes before I switch back. Way too much is either buried or unavailable in the new interface. I want to see notebooks list, notes list, maybe tags list, and note contents all at once. And I want to see lots of notebooks and lots of notes at once. The new web interface has excessive whitespace and excessively large type. As the old web interface demonstrates, with good design, you don't need that much whitespace to keep everything clear and readable. It really decreases my productivity. 

It looks like the various new "apps" and integrations—like Google Drive integration—also aren't accessible in the old Evernote Web. Again, that might be an amazing feature. But I'm never going to know if it requires using the new web interface, because it has such a negative impact on my productivity. 

Archived