One record does not sync

Hello weird thing happened. I keep a journal and every day I write a new entry in it. It's been almost 3 years so maybe that one notebook is somehow overloaded with over 900 records already... Monday entry just does not want to show up in the windows app, neither in Android app! I can see it in evernote web. I tried renaming it, but it does not help. Tuesday and wednesday entries work normally, but monday is still missing. The help articles adviced me to empty thrash, which did not help and reinstalling the app which also did not help and I noticed that probably there are still some Evernote data left on the drive because after reinstalling Evernote on my Win10 pc I logged in and there was immediately everything without any syncing! So I believe no resync happened.

• Level 5*

I also do a daily journal note.  I basically use a single notebook with over 10,000 notes; no problems syncing.  The limits are documented here

Does the activity log give you any information on the sync issue?

>>Monday entry just does not want to show up in the windows app, neither in Android app! I can see it in evernote web.

So, which device/platform was used originally to enter the note?

Can you compare the total Note counts on each platform?

>>So I believe no resync happened.

Reinstalling the app has no effect on the data.  To force a resync, you'd have to delete the database

Hello, I am not sure where I started this entry. Unfortunately your answer does not really help much. If you ask for some activity log why don't you tell me where can I find it?

The same with the database. If I am surprised that data was left even after uninstall then I don't know that there is some database somewhere obviously ;D But don't worry, I found it in some settings and I will try deleting it so it recreates.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, McVitas said:

activity log why don't you tell me where can I find it?

Sorry; can't advise for Android/Windows - My experience is with the activity log on an iPad/Mac
Likewise the Windows database location - I know it's a .exb file

So I renamed the %userprofile%\Evernote folder, started Evernote again and let it all sync. That one missing entry from monday did not appear. I checked the evernote online and guess what! There it is neither! So i opened Evernote on my phone after turning off wifi and data and fortunately it is there. So I will recreate this one, manually change it's creation date to monday and hopefully it fixes itself :-]

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, McVitas said:

So I renamed the %userprofile%\Evernote folder, started Evernote again and let it all sync. That one missing entry from monday did not appear. I checked the evernote online and guess what! There it is neither! So i opened Evernote on my phone after turning off wifi and data and fortunately it is there. So I will recreate this one, manually change it's creation date to monday and hopefully it fixes itself :-]

You could also try adding a tag to the note on the phone and see if that forces the sync.

Archived