Reminders to Google Calendar as 'All Day' events

I am trying to get reminders from evernote to sync to my Google Calendar as 'All Day' events.  I use the all day event section of the google calendar as a daily to do list for non time specific things I need to do on a certain day.  I have my reminders synced through 'Evernote Calendar Connector' by Cronofy.  When I make a reminder it automatically sets the time at 8am and puts the event in my calendar.  If I go into my calendar app (default calendar app for Mac) and change it to an 'All Day' event it screws the reminder up in evernote.  It either changes the time of the reminder in evernote to 6PM (which in turn changes it in my calendar app automatically) or it changes the date of the reminder in Evernote.   If I could just make an reminder in Evernote that had a date and no specific time that would fix this I think. 

Is there a way to make this work?

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-15 at 7:45 PM, billfunke@gmail.com said:

If I go into my calendar app (default calendar app for Mac) and change it to an 'All Day' event it screws the reminder up in evernote.

I use a script on my Mac to sync my reminders to the calendar
It's not a two way sync, but I can can set all day events - my daily journal note is linked this way
The script commands are

tell application "Calendar"
        run
        tell calendar "Home"
            set theCalendar to make new event at end of events with properties {start date:current date, allday event:true}
            set summary of theCalendar to "Journal " & yyyy & "/" & mm & "/" & dd
            set url of theCalendar to noteLink
        end tell
        activate
    end tell

• Level 5
On 11/15/2017 at 10:45 PM, billfunke@gmail.com said:

I am trying to get reminders from evernote to sync to my Google Calendar as 'All Day' events.  I use the all day event section of the google calendar as a daily to do list for non time specific things I need to do on a certain day.  I have my reminders synced through 'Evernote Calendar Connector' by Cronofy.  When I make a reminder it automatically sets the time at 8am and puts the event in my calendar.  If I go into my calendar app (default calendar app for Mac) and change it to an 'All Day' event it screws the reminder up in evernote.  It either changes the time of the reminder in evernote to 6PM (which in turn changes it in my calendar app automatically) or it changes the date of the reminder in Evernote.   If I could just make an reminder in Evernote that had a date and no specific time that would fix this I think. 

Is there a way to make this work?

This is the way Cronofy works; it's not Evernote doing it. You should probably contact Cronofy support. I asked them once for the possibility of changing the lengths of events in Google Calendar, but it was not in their plans. This sounds like a related matter.

• 4 months later...

Archived