evernote version

I have a Mac with OS10.10.5.  Upto last month, I was still Ok to use the evernote on my mac to do my things.  Today, all for a sudden, I could not find the evernote icon on my mac and discovered that my new version of evernote started discriminating my old OS calling for new one as OS 10.11 or later.  I reverted back to one of the older version back to April this year.  But it does not run on my machine anymore, showing that the version is too old.  WHat can I do?  Can anybody help please.  I could noty even find a telephone number to call in.  Frustrated.  Thanks for help in advance.

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-14 at 1:03 AM, Ping2015 said:

I reverted back to one of the older version back to April this year.  But it does not run on my machine anymore, showing that the version is too old.

I'm guessing you reverted the app, but did not revert the other components

My process to revert versions is to completely remove Evernote, app, data, ...   The app AppCleaner is recommended for this
I then install the app and database is rebuilt from the servers.  Warning, the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ping2015 said:

My question is that Evernote is not going to make any new version backwards compatible?  Like MAC OSX 10.10.5?

There's no indication Evernote is interested in this.  The focus is on the current OS

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ping2015 said:

I am trying to delete the whole thing.  But my mac won't allow me to do so saying that some components are in use.

You could try rebooting your Mac

Archived