Allow easy sharing outside of platform

John4224

Idea

I've been a premium user for 5+ years. 

Please make it easy to share a note/file easily via email, etc. WHICH DOES NOT LINK BACK TO EVERNOTE. 

In short, the fact that it's not easy to send a note via any of the normal Android sharing methods (email, text, etc.) drives me crazy. Only making it easy to send a link -- which links back to the Evernote platform -- is a transparent move from the Evernote Product team to drive people back to the platform.

I do not want to help drive your growth when I share a note. I want to make it as easy/intuitive as possible for me to share, and for the person receiving it to see and access the note/file.

If I would like to send people a link, I will. Please make it EASY (not just possible) to send a file/note in a standalone form. 

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're (mainly) a user forum,  so no vested interests in growth here - although I have to say that I've tried a number of sharing options and other companies are a LOT more intrusive than Evernote.  But in the general scheme of things,  have you tried just sending out a public link to a note?  That comes up in the Evernote web format,  but the note is only available to you in that format anyway.  As an option you could create your content as a PDF file,  which will display normally in your Evernote account,  but can be sent as just a PDF file if you wish to send it to others...

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-12 at 6:17 PM, John4224 said:

Please make it easy to share a note/file easily via email, etc. WHICH DOES NOT LINK BACK TO EVERNOTE. 

I'm able to share a note via email (iPad/Mac).  3C182915-9BC3-4A3B-BA2A-AF8C87C09A29.thumb.jpeg.685e137112c9bc186b04c266056cf807.jpeg
A copy of the note is inserted into the email.  Without that, I'd do a copy/paste

I also use the public url feature which allows the note to be viewed in a web browser

• Level 5*

As @DTLow says, the iOS Evernote app supports emailing a note where the email body contains the content of the note and there is no link; but unfortunately the Android client, which @John4224 mentions, does not currently have this functionality.

You could do it via the Evernote web app, but I doubt you'd find having to switch from the Android app over to the web app to email your note to be a very satisfactory solution.

Archived