Scanned pages are out of order

nyks019

In an effort to move towards a paperless office, I've been scanning my documents into EN for quite some time.  I haven't scanned anything in a few months and my papers were starting to pile up.  I noticed that when I scanned my documents this time, the pages are out of order in EN after it is processed by the scanner (I place the document(s) in order into the scanner chute). I googled it and looked through this forum and didn't find much help.  I've always scanned them as pdf into EN with OCR with no problems.  I made sure that the file format was still in pdf.  Anybody else experiencing this? It's driving me nuts!  I'm running macOS High Sierra Ver 10.13.1, EN Version 6.13 (455674 App Store) with  ScanSnap Manager Version 3.2 L91 (ScanSnap S1300i).  Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 11/11/2017 at 12:13 AM, nyks019 said:

In an effort to move towards a paperless office, I've been scanning my documents into EN for quite some time.  I haven't scanned anything in a few months and my papers were starting to pile up.  I noticed that when I scanned my documents this time, the pages are out of order in EN after it is processed by the scanner (I place the document(s) in order into the scanner chute). I googled it and looked through this forum and didn't find much help.  I've always scanned them as pdf into EN with OCR with no problems.  I made sure that the file format was still in pdf.  Anybody else experiencing this? It's driving me nuts!  I'm running macOS High Sierra Ver 10.13.1, EN Version 6.13 (455674 App Store) with  ScanSnap Manager Version 3.2 L91 (ScanSnap S1300i).  Thanks in advance for your help!

I'd check to be sure you are using the same scan profile as before.  That should be what drives the order of the output.  

ScreenClip.thumb.png.32c64ad1bb2092ec52698926fe81e886.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing the problem of pages out of order also.   Problem seemed to start all of a sudden.  Also running High Sierra, but I'm on S1500 with 3.2 L80.

The order really seems random, it's not just reversed or a group out of order, but all mixed up.

It used to work fine and you never used to have to think about it.

I have had the same problem for a couple of weeks now. I'm not sure when it started. 

I have a ScanSnap S1500M

macOS High Sierra 10.13.1

ScanSnap Manager 3.2 L91

It is random, not just reverse order ... I did get in touch with Fujitsu support but have not yet heard back.

Same problem too with Duplex. Has been working fine for years. Could have started since High Sierra.

Order is not exactly reversed, putting face down or face up does not resolve. It seems to also be a duplex issue, fronts and backs of documents get mixed out of order. Impossible to get a multi-page document correct.

I too was pulling my hair out with this same issue of the random page order and was finding very little on the issue.  However, after some digging I found the following from Fujitsu:

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/faq/hsierra004.html

The solution is upgrading to the latest ScanSnap Manager v6.3L70.  I am on High Sierra 10.13.2 using a ScanSnap S1500, and this resolved my issue.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 4
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 9:42 AM, chawkinson said:

I too was pulling my hair out with this same issue of the random page order and was finding very little on the issue.  However, after some digging I found the following from Fujitsu:

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/faq/hsierra004.html

The solution is upgrading to the latest ScanSnap Manager v6.3L70.  I am on High Sierra 10.13.2 using a ScanSnap S1500, and this resolved my issue.

Hope this helps.

I tried installing the V6.3L70 with my S1500 as I was also having issues with pages being out of order using V3.2L91 (which is what is shows to use for the the S1500). Not only did this version fix the out of order issue it increased the scanning speed and making PDF files searchable. Thanks chawkinson.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 10:42 AM, chawkinson said:

Hope this helps.

I had the same experience as Jason E — the newer version fixed the problem and improved OCR speeds a lot! You do have to download the ScanSnap Manager v6.3L50 software, and then manually download and apply the additional listed updates (v6.3L61 and v6.3L70 as of this writing) to get fully up to date. 

I was having issues with ScanSnap Manager reordering pages when simply scanning to a file, not even to Evernote, so it's a more general issue with the older version of ScanSnap Manager. The Fujitsu site notes that users on macOS High Sierra using OCR ("Convert to Searchable PDF") for the scan setting on a Mac with an SSD will experience the issue with pages out of order, so it sounds like a common issue if you simply have the trifecta of High Sierra, a Mac with SSD, and the older version of ScanSnap Manager. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I am so angry with myself for suffering through this as long as I have when a solution was available over a year ago.  Well, no one to blame but myself.

At least I will enter 2019 with less frustration over my scanner.  :)

Thanks for posting this.

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2017 at 10:42 AM, chawkinson said:

Hope this helps.

BRILLIANT!  I have been driving myself crazy with this, thinking that I was doing something wrong or differently with the settings. Thank GOD you posted this!!!  I was really about one step away from throwing the S1500M scanner in the trash and springing for the latest and greatest ScanSnap iX1500. But now with the new software, I'm back in business!!  My multipage scans are actually coming through in the order intended!  Why would Fujitsu not make this software update AUTOMATIC from the AutoOnlineUpdater?  We (or you) should NOT have had to find this obscure FAQ website to find out what to do under these circumstances. The software update should have happened automatically!!  That's the whole point of having an automatic software updater produced by the company!

Anyway, thank you so much, chawkinson!  I just wish I had looked here last year!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12/19/2017 at 9:42 AM, chawkinson said:

OMG, I thought I'd go nuts. Thanks for the solution!

• 1 year later...