In snippet / card view, show notebook name and tags for each note

jyc23

Idea

In the snippet / notes list of the Mac version of Evernote, in each note snippet, it very helpfully lists the notebook (if any) that the note is in as well as a few of the notes tags. The Windows version lacks the notebook name and tags in the snippet view. Can we please add these to the Windows version as well -- and to the iOS / mobile versions, too? It's very helpful for quickly understanding how things are organized without having to drill down to the individual note. 

and yes, I know the list view in Windows shows the notebook and tag, but that view eats up more screen real-estate, and furthermore doesn't show a note preview. 

Thank you.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jyc23 said:

The Windows version lacks the notebook name and tags in the snippet view.

The snippet view in Windows  already does list the note's tags:

image.png.d889e2294df4de16af097730addb1a52.png

It only lists the tags on one line, which does not wrap, but they are there, in blue, following the date (which is the updated date, I think). The notebook is not present.

Card view and thumbnail view do not show either of these bits of metadata.

16 minutes ago, jefito said:

The snippet view in Windows  already does list the note's tags:

image.png.d889e2294df4de16af097730addb1a52.png

It only lists the tags on one line, which does not wrap, but they are there, in blue, following the date (which is the updated date, I think). The notebook is not present.

Card view and thumbnail view do not show either of these bits of metadata.

Yes, you're right. Sorry, I was apparently looking at a bunch of untagged notes. Thank you.

It would still be immensely helpful to me to have the notebook displayed as well, though. 

Archived