Apple Watch Support in DIRE need of a update ( useless )

Randen Montalvo

Idea

Users, getting your new Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE and launch EN on it, see any of your notes? Do they sometimes disappear? How about create a audio note, try and play it back ...YOU CANT!! SMH. It’s the dumbest thing I have seen. How does a company like BEAR create a functioning Apple Watch application that fully supports audio playback note taking via voice dictation and prior note glancing with the Apple Watch but EN cannot get it right? The EN Apple Watch app is horrible. Why isn’t Evernote doing anything about updating its applications? It seems there only paying attention to PC users the iOS and Apple Watch users are literally getting shafted compared to the Mac, PC user. BTW EN doesnt support the LTE also which makes the App a Green Icon on your watch nothing more nothing less. 

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Anyone reported this to Evernote as a problem yet?  - Yes I know it's obviously an issue,  and they might already be doing something about it,  but Evernote don't typically pre-announce developments,  or comment on individual posts in this user forum.  The way to get some personal feedback is to raise it  on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not.  

That also has the added benefit of telling Evernote how many people are concerned about this,  because in the grand scheme of things two unhappy customers won't make them leap into action,  where a couple of hundred might rate some attention.  Evernote are supporting four main operating systems,  a bunch of legacy versions and multiple products,  so I'd guess their schedule is pretty full for the forseeable future...

7 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Anyone reported this to Evernote as a problem yet?  - Yes I know it's obviously an issue,  and they might already be doing something about it,  but Evernote don't typically pre-announce developments,  or comment on individual posts in this user forum.  The way to get some personal feedback is to raise it  on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not.  

That also has the added benefit of telling Evernote how many people are concerned about this,  because in the grand scheme of things two unhappy customers won't make them leap into action,  where a couple of hundred might rate some attention.  Evernote are supporting four main operating systems,  a bunch of legacy versions and multiple products,  so I'd guess their schedule is pretty full for the forseeable future...

Good sir, I have reported this for months. Im a premium user they give me the hopes & dreams copy and paste response. I try to be happy go lucky with this as can be however its just tiring when they just dont fix their bugs. Congress will vote on health care and the North Korea nuclear issue will be solved before Evernote addresses their bugs to its user base. 

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Randen Montalvo said:

Good sir, I have reported this for months. Im a premium user they give me the hopes & dreams copy and paste response. I try to be happy go lucky with this as can be however its just tiring when they just dont fix their bugs. 

Well,  at least you did get a response,  and presumably the 'hopes and dreams' bit is "we're working on it?" - not sure whether it is strictly a bug,  since as far as I can gather this was a new device and a new OS,  which the 'old' Evernote app isn't yet upgraded for.   

I forgot to say in my previous answer that anyone with this issue can also indicate their interest by clicking the counter at the top left of the page.  Maybe if you get a fair number of clicks and everyone also raises a support request,  Evernote will move this development up in their schedule.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:46 AM, gazumped said:

That support page makes it hard to report this issue:  there are drop-down list boxes for categorizing the issue you are reporting but none of the categories really fit this one.  I'll try to report it anyway but I'm not holding my breath waiting for a response or for a bug fix.  

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, uesjd said:

but I'm not holding my breath

Very wise.  Not suggesting that you'll get much in the way of a reaction,  but it never hurts to register the issue with Evernote and it might prompt something positive in due course.

4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Very wise.  Not suggesting that you'll get much in the way of a reaction,  but it never hurts to register the issue with Evernote and it might prompt something positive in due course.

I will say this in terms fo Evernote not addressing its user base, i reported the Apple Watch issue months ago when watch OS was updated and they told me they know its broken. That was months ago...they release updates improving font yet dont really care to address MULTIPLE issues with stability of their services. 

They just dont care dude. 

Just a quick update -- I contacted EN regarding the watch app a couple of weeks ago.  I guess I wasn't letting the watch app "sync" with the phone app long enough.  After I left both on for over 30 minutes, and eventually the watch app caught up with the phone.  Now everything seems to be working better.

On 1/10/2018 at 12:55 PM, mcobb said:

Just a quick update -- I contacted EN regarding the watch app a couple of weeks ago.  I guess I wasn't letting the watch app "sync" with the phone app long enough.  After I left both on for over 30 minutes, and eventually the watch app caught up with the phone.  Now everything seems to be working better.

try to leave a audio message and replay it on the watch. 

Archived