make search item box larger

everc

Idea

16 replies to this idea

I allowed my Mac to upgrade to 16.3 -- a really bad mistake!

The search bar is either narrower, or does note expand;  when you do a search specifying a particular notebook, there is no room left to enter the search term!

This makes Evernote UNUSABLE.......I hope there is a bug-fix coming, soon.

Does anyone have a work-around?

Can we roll-back to the prior version?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 2017-11-07 at 10:52 AM, shochshoch said:

Can we roll-back to the prior version?

I see no problem with "rolling back"; it's my process for resolving issues I can't work-around

My rollback process is:

• Completely remove Evernote from my Mac; app, data, ... The app AppCleaner is recommended for this
  • Reinstall the app; launch and let the database be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning: The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Frank Blome said:

I can't speak for all platforms, but on the Mac the search bar is just a joke. Please enlarge it massively!

I see the search box size increased in the latest version - 6.14 Beta 1 (455965 Direct)

I STRONGLY AGREE with this comment.

Its is ridiculous that a note taking application that has nearly 10 years of my information has a search box that holds less than a few words, AND then puts tags, notebook filters into the same field!!!! See screenshot.  How does this not get fixed since July! Search is a key value of the product. Current development team -1. 

Evernote_Search_Box.jpg

Edited by Clarknet
better stated.
1 minute ago, Clarknet said:

I STRONGLY AGREE with this comment.

Its is ridiculous that a note taking application that has nearly 10 years of my information has a search box that holds less than a few words, AND then puts tags, notebook filters into the same field!!!! 

See screenshot.  Do people not do significant searches in Evernote?

Evernote_Search_Box.jpg

This has just recently been fixed in 6.13.3.  ????.   5a578d24aa099_ScreenShot2018-01-11at16_05_39.thumb.png.55eb847cf94d27112d4294765d7eef55.png