(Archived) Salesforce Integration?

I would LOVE it if I could associate a note with a contact, account, case, or opportunity in Salesforce. I'm doing this via cut and past for now... Anyone else out there both an Evernote and a Salesforce user?

• 6 months later...
  • Level 5

SalesForce and Evernote - yes, that would be quite a combination. I used to use SalesForce. It was powerful and adding features constantly.

However, I think SalesForce would not be very keen on a partnership, because they can do most of what Evernote does now. They can store tons of data and communication, schedule events, do follow ups, and have a strong search engine. Plus there is a world of difference between the much more reasonable fee structure for Evernote vs SalesForce.

If this became an active project, I think it would have be done with a 3rd party linking the 2 programs. It looks like Steve Buikhuizen has done just that. (don't know how active it is - the home page mentions stuff coming up for the holidays in 2008)

http://www.professionalservicesautomati ... rnote.html

Another possible link would be with more of a start-up company like Zoho.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I find it incredibly ignorant that Evernote has not made this a function of their platform. Memonic is a COMPETITOR to Evernote and THEY made the functionality for Evernote. Unfortunately, Memonic doesn't allows single user licenses on a group account (#lame) - so I can't use it. When your competitor is building YOUR solutions to steal customers.. isn't this enough to make it a priority? Our team is considering switching from Evernote to Memonic just for this reason.

Whatever your reason is for not creating this, you should reconsider. Others have done it, so there's no excuse why you shouldn't allow it. It's not off strategy, it's not a "new business".. you are in the business of organization and access from multiple devices. Now, having Evernote means an additional step to keeping our client records in Salesforce.. there's a competitor that can eliminate this issue.

Any response? McFly?

• Level 5*

I find it incredibly ignorant that Evernote has not made this a function of their platform. Memonic is a COMPETITOR to Evernote and THEY made the functionality for Evernote. Unfortunately, Memonic doesn't allows single user licenses on a group account (#lame) - so I can't use it. When your competitor is building YOUR solutions to steal customers.. isn't this enough to make it a priority? Our team is considering switching from Evernote to Memonic just for this reason.

Whatever your reason is for not creating this, you should reconsider. Others have done it, so there's no excuse why you shouldn't allow it. It's not off strategy, it's not a "new business".. you are in the business of organization and access from multiple devices. Now, having Evernote means an additional step to keeping our client records in Salesforce.. there's a competitor that can eliminate this issue.

Any response? McFly?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Without getting into the substance of your feature request, more generally speaking, I'd say starting off a conversation by calling someone ignorant isn't the best way to reach them.

Evernote has an open API and a team dedicated to helping developers integrate their products into the Evernote platform. If someone sees this as a worthwhile endeavour, then they can do it. In fact, as it turns out, memonic isn't a competitor with Evernote after all -- it is a partner (http://trunk.evernote.com/app/memonic-for-salesforce/web-apps) :)

I am guessing that Evernote hasn't developed such an integration themselves because they have been focused on individual users, and are only just now beginning to tailor accounts to businesses. It doesn't seem like an ignorant thing to have done, especially when they can claim one of the largest user bases of any app in the world.

• Level 5*

Back To The Future fan?

Evernote don't build many of their own integrations - they let the developer community do it. If it's that important to you, you could build it yourself or pay someone to do it for you.

Any response? McFly?

Funny how many users seem to think their "it" feature that EN lacks shows that EN devs are stupid, ignorant or should be working at Wendy's. (I'm assuming the poster that posted the Wendy's comment meant flipping burgers rather than being the CFO/CTO/C-anything-O).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We've built an integration between Evernote and Salesforce that may work for you. 

The way it works is you create a new note in Evernote with your contact/lead email address as note title, and it will automatically lookup the contact/lead in Salesforce and attach the body of the note to it.  

https://cloudwork.com/integrations/evernote/salesforce

Is that what you are looking for?

• 1 month later...

Evernote has been successful because it focuses on doing a few things really well: capturing notes quickly, allowing ad hoc creation of related pierces information (in various forms, images, notes, other notebooks, etc) and allowing access to that data in multiple locations, They create a good API and let the community build to its needs.

On the flip side I can't imagine Salesforce would put money into redeveloing Evernote functionality for their platform (any efforts to address the UI aspect of Salesforce have almost totally been focused on the Social channel - Chatter- which makes sense given they think it wil be the main way people collaborate going forward). 

Now most SF users/admins/devs want to see a robust integration when they say "integrate these two" which means they want the ability to link custom objects and custom fields on standard objects across evernotes, and expose some data in both places - at a minimum allow searching across platforms. That would be a big diversion of resources to enable such an integration based on other improvements still on the table - for either organization. 

I think the best candidate might be a Salesforce Canvas integration, where you're in Salesforce but viewing and searching Evernote Notes. It would be able to push links (object IDs) to Evernotes (and notebooks) and synch  certain related object field values as Tags on notes.

The app would have to use salesforce Metadata and field sets to provide flexible support  for custom fields and objects if it is to be used by more than one org  - like GridBuddy does natively in SF now - to allow for general administration & the initial Evernote integration setup. 

I could see making a generic middleware app and throwing it up on Github. Use a free heroku instance and put it into a SF Canvas app, even use Oauth to make the Evernote to Salesforce integration seamless (but that last piece is optional overhead).

Hmm. Maybe i have a summer project! Although I know Evernote said they are working on a new integration as recently as this month....I can't imagine it would be worth their time to do something so deep. We'll see! 

• 2 weeks later...

I would say if you are thinking about Salesforce Integration then you should definitely try DBSync. I am been using DBSync for around 2+ Years and found it to be really good. DBSync's best thing is that it is easily customizable and affordable.

I hope my comment helps you

Thanks,

Eliza Taylor 

Archived