Issue when scanning document with iPhone app

I am experiencing an issue lately when scanning a document using Evernote iOS app's camera function. I take a pic of the document, confirm that it was recognized as a "Document", but instead of saving as a PDF in the note, it saves as an image.

This is a new issue... before, the document would be saved as a PDF in the note. I am a Premium member and pretty advanced user for many years.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know how to fix?

Thanks

Greg

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-04 at 5:02 PM, Gekz said:

I am experiencing an issue lately when scanning a document using Evernote iOS app's camera function. I take a pic of the document, confirm that it was recognized as a "Document", but instead of saving as a PDF in the note, it saves as an image.

afaik  The Evernote camera function has always saved as an image

I use Evernote's Scannable app to save my scans in pdf format

When recognizing a "Document" the app would save it as a PDF and sync it as a PDF to my PC app. Something changed. Maybe it has to do with the PC app PDF viewer. I will try the Scannable app. Thanks

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Gekz said:

When recognizing a "Document" the app would save it as a PDF and sync it as a PDF to my PC app. Something changed. Maybe it has to do with the PC app PDF viewer. I will try the Scannable app. Thanks

Agreed.  No matter what format you choose, the output is a picture.  Sounds like a bug.

So I just had a chat with a customer rep, and she insists that the Evernote camera feature always generated a picture, not PDF, for documents. I can swear that this is a recent change... I scanned hundreds of documents with the iOS app over the years that way and always produced PDF. I never used Scannable.

Can someone confirm this? I don't see the point of using a separate app to scan a document as a PDF into Evernote

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Gekz said:

I scanned hundreds of documents with the iOS app over the years that way and always produced PDF.

afaik  The Evernote IOS app camera has always generated an image file, and there was never a pdf option

• Level 5*

I forget if I could back when.  However, I do know that the document option is presented when you take a picture.  Either its a bug or the option should be removed, assuming one thinks document = PDF and not PNG or JPG.  I did submit a bug report on this one, ticket# 2276932.

FBDC8F27-D64B-4C07-8171-9ED344068B16.thumb.jpg.064c71c745377a9ad01bd70010893a61.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with Scannable - I select to scan as PDF and it gives me Image. Although I started with "Scannable Document," after I scan in a few items and then do restore, crop or rotate, all of a sudden, I have "Photos" - and I can't seem to change it back. I have deleted the app and re-installed. Same problem. Doesn't seem to matter what I do. I had not used the app much before installing iOS 11 on my iPhone, so I don't know if that is the issue. I have found other issues with iOS 11.

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2017 at 12:22 PM, Gekz said:

So I just had a chat with a customer rep, and she insists that the Evernote camera feature always generated a picture, not PDF, for documents. I can swear that this is a recent change... I scanned hundreds of documents with the iOS app over the years that way and always produced PDF. I never used Scannable.

Can someone confirm this? I don't see the point of using a separate app to scan a document as a PDF into Evernote

I am new to this blog so I apologise if this is in the wrong location.  It is referencing the same issue but on an Android. 

I too have experienced Evernote's ability to produce a PDF. Screenshot_20190116-091151.thumb.jpg.9cd18f42165b2c1e606c1e80e61560da.jpg  I was able to set up Evernote premium (on my Android phone) to create a jpeg only, PDF only or jpeg and PDF.  That option is now gone.  I have hundreds of saved Evernote folders with both the jpeg and PDF.  I don't use scannable.  This feature was very handy as I would then share the PDF.  Please bring this feature back.  It was one of the main reasons I used this app. At the bottom of the attached image you will see a PDF file. That was created by Evernote.

Archived