Search broken: "any:" does not work in desktop client

evb

Idea

I am not aware whether this appeared first time in the last beta (I am on 6.8.3.6052 (306052) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.30.2726)), however it affects it:

I have two searches called "today" and "recent", search grammar is 

any: created:day-3 updated:day-3

resp.

any: created:day-0 updated:day-0

In the web client the search does work, i.e. returns 10 hits for "recent"; in the desktop client it returns 1 hit.

I notice that for the "today" search in German language the "any"("einer")  is changed to "Alle" (all of). Obviously this affects the search in a critical way.

It appears that the problem concerns the "any" in the search.

Thanks for any hints or help, EvB

P.S.: I just noticed that at home where I use EN for Mac 6.13 the same happens. The saved search shows "any:", the results are for "Alle". 

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Odd - I'm using the same version of Evernote (in Windows 10 Creators') and any: works fine for me.  Just tested a search with and without that term.  With,  I had 1120 hits.  WIthout,  I had none. 

Do you have the Search Information bar on?  (Ctrl+F10) - that will show you what Evernote thinks it's searching for...

Edit:  just to note that it's always best to raise potential bugs in the release thread - that's where the developers will be watching to see what comes up..

Thank you. I will reference my problem in the beta-thread. While: I noticed it in the Windows and in the Mac client. And it might be broken already in prior versions.

Yes, I do see the search information bar, and that is why I see that the search is changed from "any:" (as saved) to "Alles" (meaning every).

Odd, indeed.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, evb said:

Yes, I do see the search information bar, and that is why I see that the search is changed from "any:" (as saved) to "Alles" (meaning every).

I ran your searches on my installation, which is in English, and they worked fine, and remained as "any:" searches. Might be a problem in the German version?

Indeed, it might be a localisation issue. My windows client looks like this:

Saved search: "any:"

saved.JPG.68bdfae04dec6550c53d7cf5b86dcb3e.JPG

Search window: "Alle" ("all") instead of "Einer" (which would be "any:")

image.png.38c8b4f97399ef24dbba646612917f8c.png

The same saved search works fine in the web client.

Cheers, EvB

• Ex Employees
On 11/3/2017 at 3:46 AM, evb said:

I am not aware whether this appeared first time in the last beta (I am on 6.8.3.6052 (306052) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.30.2726)), however it affects it:

I have two searches called "today" and "recent", search grammar is 

any: created:day-3 updated:day-3

resp.

any: created:day-0 updated:day-0

In the web client the search does work, i.e. returns 10 hits for "recent"; in the desktop client it returns 1 hit.

I notice that for the "today" search in German language the "any"("einer")  is changed to "Alle" (all of). Obviously this affects the search in a critical way.

It appears that the problem concerns the "any" in the search.

Thanks for any hints or help, EvB

P.S.: I just noticed that at home where I use EN for Mac 6.13 the same happens. The saved search shows "any:", the results are for "Alle". 

Thanks for the report. We're looking into this. 

7 hours ago, Austin G said:

@evb Good news. This is scheduled to be fixed in version 6.14. Please let us know if the issue continues after updating to that version. Thanks!

Confirm: Appears to work now! Great!

Archived