Code block inside table cell

truckreferral

Idea

I want to format text in a table cell as a code block, but I cannot get the code block formatting to appear. I press the {} formatting button in a table cell and nothing happens.  I try to type some text, then highlight it and press the code block button, nothing happens.

I have some legacy tables that have the code block in the table cell, but now I cannot make any new cells that have the code block in them.

Can anyone else make a code block inside a table cell?

Thanks 

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm pretty certain that it's not currently possible to create a code block inside a table.  Not sure that it ever was.  Might your legacy tables have been created outside of Evernote and copy / pasted in?

No i created the tables originally in evernote back in May 2017. the tables were more primitive back then, I was able to use the formatting toolbar to make text formatted as a code block inside a table cell. I use this feature to display code in one column, and a graphical output in the other column. 

• Level 5*
On 10/30/2017 at 12:54 PM, truckreferral said:

I want to format text in a table cell as a code block, but I cannot get the code block formatting to appear. I press the {} formatting button in a table cell and nothing happens.  I try to type some text, then highlight it and press the code block button, nothing happens.

I have some legacy tables that have the code block in the table cell, but now I cannot make any new cells that have the code block in them.

Can anyone else make a code block inside a table cell?

Thanks 

I am able to copy/paste a code block into a table, but cannot create one in the table even though the icon exists.  So copy/paste should be a workaround.

ScreenClip.png.bd48281852f9f3ca8f2afab8d762d6a1.png

Archived