(Archived) Getting Notes from Evernote 2.2 to 3.0

I have 3.0 Windows Desktop client installed. How do I get all of my Evernote 2.2 notes into Evernote 3.0? I have searched the forums using all the search terms I could think of. If instructions for this are already here somewhere, (a) I'm sorry for the annoying duplicate and (:D could someone point me to it? If not, could someone post instructions? Thank you!

In the windows client, look under "Note" in the menu bar. There's an import command. It will read in an *.enb or *.enx file. So, from 2.2, export the notes you want to import, then move over to the 3 side and import them.

Drag and drop (e.g., drag note header from 2.2 to 3) also works, but doesn't preserve the dates.

i get this window

---------------------------

Evernote

Import from XML format is under development.

Will be available in the following releases.

Use drop of XML files onto tape to import notes.

OK

In the windows client, look under "Note" in the menu bar. There's an import command. It will read in an *.enb or *.enx file. So, from 2.2, export the notes you want to import, then move over to the 3 side and import them.

Drag and drop (e.g., drag note header from 2.2 to 3) also works, but doesn't preserve the dates.

Thanks, Crane. That worked like a charm!

Ridim: Make sure when you save the exported file, you save it as .enx. By default, it may try to save it as .xml and then the import function might not recognize it for some reason (which is weird since I think the .enx file is really an .xml file anyway)

Archived