"Upgrade Table" not available for newly-copied tables

Jeff Bean

Idea

I thought the new table formatting with the last upgrade was an overall improvement. When I upgraded, all my existing tables in notes offered me to "upgrade table." Though the formatting was different, for my purposes it wasn't bad and it worked fine for me.

Yet there is a problem.

Most of the tables I use I copy into Evernote from Google Sheets. Now when I copy them in, those tables Evernote does not offer to "upgrade." Worse, they are static and have none of the functionality they had before the upgrade (e.g., I used to be able to drag-and-drop resize them and now I can't).

Apparently the new table functionality is only available for tables created in Evernote, and is not available for tables copied into Evernote. That's unfortunate. I wish it were otherwise.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Jeff Bean said:

Apparently the new table functionality is only available for tables created in Evernote, and is not available for tables copied into Evernote. That's unfortunate. I wish it were otherwise.

From an Office perspective, tables created in Word can still be copy/pasted into EN.  However, you can no longer copy a group of cells and paste them into EN creating a table.  You just end up with aligned text, no table.  Ugh.

Archived