One week of notes disappeared

bodhica

In August of 2017 I searched Evernote on my Android device for a key word I had written recently in a note. However, the search gave no results. So I searched for other key words I had used, and also there were no results. Then I looked back over my recently saved notes and noticed that a week's worth of my notes were missing. I found that all my notes from 8/4/17 through 8/9/17 had disappeared. I checked on my Evernote Windows application and Evernote Web and the notes were missing there too. There were also no notes from that period in my trash.

Does anyone have any idea how I can recover my notes? I already submitted a ticket...

This is one of three occasions that my writings on Evernote have been lost without explanation. I think that this kind of event negates the purpose Evernote. This is really an unforgivable error for an application which users rely on solely for the purpose of preserving their data. For this reason, I've begun looking for alternative applications.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, bodhica said:

I found that all my notes from 8/4/17 through 8/9/17 had disappeared.

Were the missing notes created/updated on a single device? i.e. is the issue restricted to just that device

Do the activity logs give any information on the issues?  

I see two possible issues; not syncing during the week, and notes disappearing

>>I think that this kind of event negates the purpose Evernote.

It is upsetting.  To recover from data corruption I run daily backups on my Mac; and Evernote’s Note History backup runs on the servers, but if there’s no syncing the data updates won’t be picked up

The notes were created on a single Android device. Evernote had been syncing during the week the notes were created. I had previously been able to access the notes and suddenly they disappeared. I'm not sure how I would access an activity log from months back for notes that have disappeared. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Archived