How see only the notes of a stack?

On Mac (& Windows) I happily work with stacks, where I have several notebooks in a stack.  On iOS I can see that a notebook is in a certain stack, but I haven‘t found a way to choose this stack to been shown only.  How can I choose a certain stack on iOS?

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2017 at 5:19 AM, dr3do said:

On Mac (& Windows) I happily work with stacks, where I have several notebooks in a stack.  On iOS I can see that a notebook is in a certain stack, but I haven‘t found a way to choose this stack to been shown only.  How can I choose a certain stack on iOS?

In iOS, the only way to do this is first, add the notebook stack to the shortcuts area by holding and dragging to the little star in the left side. Then, in the shortcuts view, you will see the stack plus all of its notebooks. Then you can tap on the stack and see all of the notes in that stack's notebooks. 

Unfortunately, when you put a stack in the shortcuts, you cannot close the stack when it's in the shortcuts view. So if the stack has many notebooks, you will see all of those notebooks in the shortcuts list, which makes the list possibly very long. 

It would be nice if it were possible to directly access this "all notes in a stack" view directly from the notebooks list, but unfortunately, at the moment, it's not possible. 

10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

How about a shortcut to a saved search         stack:aaaaaaaaaa

Good idea! That also works to solve the immediate problem. Though since it's a saved search and not a shortcutted notebook / stack, you won't have the search box nor the tag filter / reminders filter available.

It would be neat to have a "search within these search results" feature. Off to the feature requests forum!

I also noticed ... when you use a saved search from the shortcuts bar, you won't be able to tap the back arrow to go back to the shortcuts list (this appears to be a bug). And I also noticed that when you tap on a saved search in shortcuts, it lists the number of notes as "0" regardless of how many there are. In contrast, when you actually run the search, it shows the correct number of notes (seems to be another bug). 

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-17 at 2:19 AM, dr3do said:

16 minutes ago, jyc23 said:

In iOS, the only way to do this is first, add the notebook stack to the shortcuts area by holding and dragging to the little star in the left side. Then, in the shortcuts view, you will see the stack plus all of its notebooks. Then you can tap on the stack and see all of the notes in that stack's notebooks. 

Unfortunately, when you put a stack in the shortcuts, you cannot close the stack when it's in the shortcuts view. So if the stack has many notebooks, you will see all of those notebooks in the shortcuts list, which makes the list possibly very long. 

It would be nice if it were possible to directly access this "all notes in a stack" view directly from the notebooks list, but unfortunately, at the moment, it's not possible. 

How about a shortcut to a saved search         stack:aaaaaaaaaa

Archived