Search for regular expressions

jcg42

Idea

Using search, I cannot find documents containing '@@@' - they are special in some way and they get interpreted or something happens.

I've imported thousands of notes from my previous note system and '@@@' was my string used in documents for tag inline notes for follow-up or important facts. I cannot re-import notes; the old system is gone. I thought of doing that to change the '@@@' to something searchable. '@@@' was something unlikely to occur in my everyday typing or code fragments.

If the search could be modified to make some way to search for '@@@' - e.g. regular expression '[@][@][@]' or something, that would make my life much more easy.

This would also be useful if there are other 'reserved' characters that search interprets.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote searches for words containing uppercase,  lowercase and underlines.  No special characters at all.

How to use Evernote's advanced search syntax

If you imported notes over a specific period or on a particular date,  you could search for an appropriate created date to find the notes;  or if the imports came from a specific source you may be able to use that search modifier.

Archived