Evernote black screen in iOS 11.0.3

I upgraded from iOS 10 to iOS 11.0.3 last evening on an iPad Air 2. Evernote app is up to date.

When the iPad update was complete, I pressed the Evernote icon in the new dock. It behaved very oddly, elongating and then behaving as though I were trying to copy it to another location. I had intended to force-click the icon, but it did not do what I expected.

Later, while typing in the app, the screen went to black (as though a full-screen video was being launched). When I invoked the app switcher with a quick double-press of the Home button, the Evernote app tile was there, showing what I was working on. If I tapped it, I got the black screen again. If I force-quit Evernote by swiping its tile up, and then relaunched the app, it might stay active for a little while, then to the black screen again.

I’m not sure whether this is a bug or a feature, but since there seems to be zero documentation of the new methods for using iOS, who can tell?

Any thoughts on what might be going on here?

Thanks for your help!

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, tombran44 said:

seems like I should wait to go to iOS 11.0.3 right?

It’s always a good idea to hold off on updates and read the feedback reports.

If there are issues you can’t work around, don’t update

My own issue was resolved by restarting the iPad. It appears that the new split screen mode may have confused the app. 

I agree that it's prudent to be wary of updates. However, reporting problems is the first step in getting them fixed. 

11.0.3 seemed like a good place to start with iOS 11 on a non critical piece of hardware. My iPhone stays on 10 until the new system stabilizes a bit. 

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, tombran44 said:

So, it's been almost a month. Is it safe to update to high sierra and iOS 11 yet.

I'm up to date on my OS and Evernote versions and Evernote is functional; ymmv

Yes, there are bugs and feature changes; nothing serious enough that I would  downgrade
(I find it easy to downgrade my Mac Evernote software)

Thank you Guru,

and here's perhaps an easy one. Been on airplanes this week dealing with the annoying pop up that says "Can't sync" every 30 seconds.

I'm in airplane mode, still get the notice every 30 secs. Couldn't find anything in the help file, but to be fair the wifi on the plane is tragic.

Then when I get off and back into service of course the can't sync notice goes away. Aaa, what do you think?

Thx

• 5 months later...

Archived