"Search notes" is broken

I've been using Evernote for years without any problems.

Recently I noticed that "Search notes" is broken....sometimes.

Some notes will simply not appear in the search results, no matter what I do. I can find the note manually, copy and paste the title, but the search will not display any results.

Recent searches that match what I'm looking for will typically appear, but no search results.

Screenshots attached.

Without search functionality, Evernote is useless to me. I rely on it work work and personal. It's been awesome for many years so I would be sad to replace it.

Any ideas on how to fix this before I ditch Evernote for something else?

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.52.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.53.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 12.53.13 PM.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  It is possible to recreate the search index if it seems to have become corrupted.  The steps are:

• Open Evernote
  • Hold the Option key down on the keyboard and click Help in the menu bar.
  • Go to Troubleshooting and select Recreate Full Text Search Index.

This may take a little time...

15 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  It is possible to recreate the search index if it seems to have become corrupted.  The steps are:

• Open Evernote
  • Hold the Option key down on the keyboard and click Help in the menu bar.
  • Go to Troubleshooting and select Recreate Full Text Search Index.

This may take a little time...

Hey Gazumped,

In my MAC, I don't get the troubleshooting option in the help menu and can't seem to find any references to it. Any tips?

Thanks!

Euge

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-16 at 12:21 AM, Aussie euGe said:

In my MAC, I don't get the troubleshooting option in the help menu and can't seem to find any references to it. Any tips?

Try holding down the option key when clicking on help

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2017 at 3:32 AM, gazumped said:

OK - odd.  What version of Evernote do you have?

I was running 6.12 on a MAC air 10.11.6 EL Captain (it updates via App store). Could't seem to get this troubleshooting option with the option or command or combo'd with control key. 

Just updated to 6.13 and it shows now. think this is strange but anyway, Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Having the same issue here. I'm trying the fix listed here to rebuild and hoping it works. Believe it or not I rely heavily on this as my CRM as a website designer and without this search function Im going to have to find another CRM tool which is probably not nearly as good as Evernote. I tell everyone to use Evernote because its been so great over the years, really hoping I wont have to delete it and move elsewhere, I have too many notes! lol

Archived