(Archived) Mac UNINSTALL help 6/2010 Version of Evernote

stevelabo

Idea

After spending considerable time and effort I finally believe I have deleted ALL Evernote files from my brand new Mac (OS 10.6.4).

HOWEVER - and its driving me insane - In Safari 5.0, when selecting Print > PDF, "Save PDF to Evernote" keeps showing up. I can't for the life of me find out how to delete this pesky recurrence.

Fortunately I live in San Francisco, and I am contemplating actually driving down to 333 West Evelyn Avenue

Mountain View, CA 94041 and walk into the office and demand someone solve my problem unless some kind support person or another user is able to give advice in this forum.

I have not in years experienced this type of difficulty uninstalling a product on any of my windows computers. I wonder if this is going to be a typical uninstall experience on the Mac platform on which I'm a new user....

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve Labo

San Francsico

2 replies to this idea

I wonder if this is going to be a typical uninstall experience on the Mac platform on which I'm a new user....

I'm afraid it probably will be. Uninstalling on the Mac often leaves behind bits and pieces, and this is a general enough problem to have prompted quite a few third-party developers to have built uninstall apps. I recommend installing one. None of them can catch everything, but they can help reduce the crud accretion. I use TrashMe, which is free.

Archived