Table cells - re-introduce inserting horizontal line

TraxD

Idea

I use tables - generally 4 columns by however many row - to effectively use the window space in Evernote to organise my TO DO lists. Ordinary lists waste too much horizontal space and end up with overly long scrolling notes. To designate for each cell of the table what list it contains (since there is no way formal way to do row/column/cells headings) I used write the heading text in the cell, press return and then insert a horizontal line - that gave the cell the appearance of having a cell heading. See below - not sure what happened to Tuesday - in my note it is fine!

Monday - 9th

• Email
    •  
  • Phone
    •  
  • SMS / text / Skype
    •  
  • Admin
  •  

Tuesday - 10th

• Email
    •  
  • Phone
    •  
  • SMS / text / Skype
  • Tech
    • Evernote - request re-instatement
      of horizontal line in table cell

Wednesday - 11th

• Email
    •  
  • Phone
    •  
  • SMS / text / Skype
    •  
Thursday - 12th

• Email
    •  
  • Phone
    •  
  • SMS / text / Skype
    •  

Now the feature of being able to insert a horizontal line in a table cell has been removed. I am still able to use this historic feature (that is, Evernote still supports displaying it) by copying and modifying old tables. But it's a hassle. Any chance of getting back the humble horizontal line in a table cell?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, TraxD said:

Any chance of getting back the humble horizontal line in a table cell?

I agree, we definitely need to be able to insert a horizontal line in a table cell.  Before this feature was removed, I used it many times a day.
Running Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.11.6.

ATTN: @Evernote: (  @Chantal Leonard, @Johnathan Hebert, @Jason Miller ) 

Please restore the use of horizontal line in table cells.

Archived