No support for IOS 10.9.5?

werqingirl

Idea

I had to completely wipe out my work laptop to fix a problem and now that I'm working to reinstall the programs, Evernote is no longer compatible with this "old" version apparently, and now I am stuck trying to work without the program installed. Where can I find the version I had before my computer was cleaned out? Is there really no support for this version anymore? The new version won't install and the old version says it's too old. 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, werqingirl said:

I had to completely wipe out my work laptop to fix a problem and now that I'm working to reinstall the programs, Evernote is no longer compatible with this "old" version apparently, and now I am stuck trying to work without the program installed. Where can I find the version I had before my computer was cleaned out? Is there really no support for this version anymore? The new version won't install and the old version says it's too old. 

There is no such thing as iOS 10.9.5. 10.3.3 is the latest until you jump to 11.0.0.

You mean MacOS? You can find old versions of EN for macOS on the web - https://evernote.en.uptodown.com/mac/old for example. But those are not from Evernote directly. I know nothing about that site and hope it is legit, but it could contain malware, as all software archives could.

And there is no guarantee older versions of Evernote will continue to work with the Evernote service. I don't know when EN terminates support for older clients.

MacOS 10.9 was released in 2013 and is now 4 years old. You should consider at least upgrading to 10.11, which supports the following devices:

• MacBook (Early 2015)
  • MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
  • iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
  • Xserve (Early 2009)

If your machine is older than that, once you find something that works, you should stop upgrading pretty much everything.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, werqingirl said:

Where can I find the version

Most versions have a release post with a download link.  You can search the forums for your version

Heres an example for v6.12.3    

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Most versions have a release post with a download link.  You can search the forums for your version

Nice. Definitely better than software archive sites...

Archived