Important Note Dissapeared. Please Please Help!

Hi

I have an important note which disappeared from my Evernote "quick widget" (not sure on the exact terminology but I have attached an image below)

59d7731ed2c6a_ScreenShot2017-10-06at1_44_36PM.png.304e4dcde2376b5a1859f02b4da9303a.png

It contained quite a bit of information. I have not yet clicked the "Save to Evernote" - I usually save these notes weekly. Yesterday everything was fine, I had content in that widget like so: 

before.thumb.png.dbd671c72f88bbbb1760b17b15781fa1.png

This morning I got to work and my situation looked like this:

after.thumb.png.f41a73e8082665d4b1c29f7bada8581b.png

Please help me out here? Is it possible for me to retrieve this, yes I have already checked my recent notes on EN, it does not display. Is there any other way for me to retrieve this, all of the content just vanished *poof* gone?

Thanks, Any contribution will be highly appreciated. :) 

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-06 at 5:21 AM, MacDweeb said:

I have an important note which disappeared from my Evernote "quick widget" (not sure on the exact terminology but I have attached an image below)

That's the Evernote Helper app
Used for quick entry of notes

>>I usually save these notes weekly

That's definitely not a good practice
The tool is used to quickly capture information and save to a note

Sorry; I don't have a retrieval solution

Evernote Helper quick entry failed miserably for me to, but I "Save to Evernote" right away.

I use it to quickly capture notes while on a call, save, and move on to other things. Once or twice a week I open the app to review these notes. This week I discovered that none of my quick notes from the last week made it into Evernote. The toolbar quick entry acted like all was well, but nothing was saved ?

I lost some critical notes from client and team calls. This is a big enough failure that I'm looking into new note taking solutions for the first time in ... 10 years?

Make sure you submit a support ticket and make their team aware of your problem. There probably isn't any hope for retrieving your lost note, but maybe it can be avoided in the future.

If simple text notes like the quick entry box are usually enough for you, I'd look into nvALT. It's quick, simple, and dead reliable, IME.

# UPDATE #

My notes just magically appeared! I've been restarting, relaunching, and anything else I can think of. Then the notes popped in out of thin air!

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, David Holman said:

My notes just magically appeared!

When troubleshooting, it’s a good idea to check your data on the web platform (www.evernote.com)

This is the master copy of your notes on the Evernote server.

Of course this doesn’t help if the data never gets into Evernote or isn’t sync’d.  It does bypass device errors that prevent your notes displaying

8 minutes ago, DTLow said:

When troubleshooting, it’s a good idea to check your data on the web platform (www.evernote.com)

This is the master copy of your notes on the Evernote server.

Yup. That was the first place I checked. Nuthin. But now it's all back so I'm guessing that sending the logs to support yielded results ?

Archived