Create a search to find notes with ! in the title

I'm wanting to create a search of any notes where the title starts with an exclamation mark. I have notes with !.15  for example. Using intitle:! doesn't bring up those notes. I'm thinking it might have something to do with no space after "!" in the title. Can anyone help? Any ideas?

• Level 5*

Hi.  "!" is not a searchable character.  Basically anything other than letters,  numbers and underlines could be a 'control' character limiting or extending the search,  so is (apart from valid control characters) ignored.  From How to use Evernote's advanced search syntax ...

any:

Searches for notes that match any of the search terms listed. Without this operator, Evernote search will return only those notes that match all of the specified search terms.

any: pizza beer will return all notes containing either "pizza" or "beer" (removing this operator would return only notes containing "pizza" and "beer").

So you could search for any: intitle:15 intitle:17 etc...

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-04 at 8:18 AM, Hands On said:

I'm wanting to create a search of any notes where the title starts with an exclamation mark. I have notes with !.15  for example

As you’ve been told, punctuation characters are excluded from the search index (except for _)

As a workaround, sort your notes by title; your ! notes will be at the top

Archived