Search picking out all lines on a note

Hello, can someone please help me with the following question

if I have a note with lets say 1500 lines of text and seven of the lines have a particular word on that line e.g. Storage but the other 1493 lines do not, when I search for Storage is shows me 'all' 1500 lines and only highlights the word Storage in the lines where it appears. This means I still have to scroll through 1500 lines of text.

What I need is for Evernote just to return the seven lines in question and not more (preferably with an option to return a line or two either side of the line found, just to help with context where required)

is this something I can do, or is these feature (basic as it is) just not available?

Thanks

EBrant

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ernestbrant@outlook.com said:

What I need is for Evernote just to return the seven lines in question

Not a feature with the Evernote search

I recall that’s how the unix grep search worked, but it’s not a common feature

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ernestbrant@outlook.com said:

This means I still have to scroll through 1500 lines of text.

In the Windows client, you can search inside a note for particular text using Ctrl+F. Cmd+F for Mac, I think.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, ernestbrant@outlook.com said:

Thanks for the replies, it is a real shame EverNote does not support the basic 'filtering' feature to filter out what you do not want leaving only what you do want.

Evernote search returns notes, as opposed to lines inside notes. This is not 'basic' to Evernote; perhaps some other note keeping application does this, though I'm not aware of any.

Archived