Since updating EN I am unable to start a new note. I've tried Ctrl-N, the "New Note" icon in the upper left of the screen, or the File drop-down.  A window flashes onto the screen in response to all these efforts but disappears in less than a second later.

I tried running Sync, then I tried shutting EN down and was warned that would disable 'Clipping Functions", whatever that means, then I tried rebooting all to no avail.

I only recently had my IT service scan my system for  issues and they found none so I don't think I'm dealing with a virus or malware.

PS I just discovered what was going on!   Every time I tried to open a New Note it got Minimized to my Taskbar, where I found several blank New Notes.  How do I make EV open a New Note on my screen instead of Minimized on my Taskbar?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, mikecox39 said:

PS I just discovered what was going on!   Every time I tried to open a New Note it got Minimized to my Taskbar, where I found several blank New Notes.  How do I make EV open a New Note on my screen instead of Minimized on my Taskbar?

Open one of the new notes, size it like you want it to be.  Then File - Exit out of EN, this should remember the setting.  Start EN and see if it worked.

If you don't want to open the note in a new window, go to Tools - Options -  Note and uncheck Create new note in a new window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Evernote Employee
On 9/28/2017 at 12:41 PM, mikecox39 said:

How do I make EV open a New Note on my screen instead of Minimized on my Taskbar?

There was a bug where we saved the minimized state (and opened the new window using that saved state). That is fixed in the current beta.