ScanSnap: Evernote Edition and macOS 10.13: High Sierra

I’m trying to install the software for my Evernote Edition ScanSnap, and the installer fails right away. I get an error message that says "Unable to locate the installer package." Is there a workaround to get this working? Or is there an update on the way that fixes this?

Also, am I the only person with this problem? I can’t be the only one with the latest edition of macOS and this device, but I haven’t seen anyone else complaining about this issue.

For what it's worth, this is what I heard back from ScanSnap when I wrote in to them:

"It is installed from Evernote's website instead, but at this time, it is not supported on 10.13 yet. I do not know when the update is supposed to release - https://evernote.com/scansnap

Engineering is still working on resolving bugs."

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This is ridiculous that Evernote, ScanSnap, and Fujitsu would not be on top of this.  Hello .... new MAC OS rolls out nearly every year at about the same time. News Flash everyone, Apple is committed to improving their products and will likely be releasing a new OS this time next year.  Evernote, ScanSnap, and Fujitsu; you might what to rise to the occasion one day and become an industry leader and not be laggards.  

The Evernote Premium account and the ix500 Fujitsu scanner is useless as ***** on a boar-hog if it does not work!  Right now it doesn't work.  People ought to seriously look for another solution and save their money.  

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Slagscan you please elaborate?  The .dmg from Evernote.com/scansnap contains an installer package that fails if you double click on it and agree to the terms.  What exactly did you double-click that worked?

I double click this and it doesn't seem to do anything but then the scansnap connects to evernote and starts working.  Prior to this I was using VmWare and windows to get it to work but now I am back on the mac application which is designed nicer and much more convenient.  

• 1 year later...