Date/Time Stamp

pike942

Idea

When taking notes, I'd like to have a way to insert a DTS or DS (date time stamp or sometimes just a date stamp).

Now, as long as I'm on my Android, I use MessageEase and I've programmed a couple of my Macros to do this for me. But on my desktop windows machine and on my iPhone I can't yet.

Is there some way to do this in Evernote?

Loving Evernote,

Greg

6 replies to this idea

1 minute ago, pike942 said:

Now, as long as I'm on my Android, I use MessageEase and I've programmed a couple of my Macros to do this for me. But on my desktop windows machine and on my iPhone I can't yet.

Is there some way to do this in Evernote?

On windows, alt+shift+d.

• Level 5*

In the Windows client, use Ctrl+; (Control + semicolon) to insert a time/date stamp into your note. That also works in the note title bar as well. I have no idea what Ctrl+Shift+D does in Evernote.

A web search for 'evernote keyboard shortcuts' turns up a number of matches, including this one: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807-What-are-the-keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows-

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, pike942 said:

And 2) what other wonderful keyboard shortcuts are there?

You can create your own with PhraseExpress or AutoHotkey.  For example using PE

1. Shift-Alt-D produces 2017.09.28 
  2. Ctrl-Alt-; produces 09/28/2017 11:49 AM

FWW

5 hours ago, jefito said:

In the Windows client, use Ctrl+; (Control + semicolon) to insert a time/date stamp into your note. That also works in the note title bar as well. I have no idea what Ctrl+Shift+D does in Evernote.

A web search for 'evernote keyboard shortcuts' turns up a number of matches, including this one: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807-What-are-the-keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows-

Excellent help. Thanks.

Archived