Image gallery - zoom-in, zoom-out

Marc737

Idea

Hello everyone,

I've been using Evernote for some time, and I decided to buy Premium, as I saw the ad explaining how great the Evernote is for students, making pictures of pages, whiteboards etc. Yet it's not possible to use it conveniently to go through many images in one note (e.g. notes from 1 lecture).

1. After double clicking on the image and seeing it in the EN's image gallery, it's only possible to zoom in/out once. Why is it not possible to zoom in/out slowly with Scroll on mouse or CTRL+,CTRL-? This makes it completely unusable for me for study purposes.
  2. I thought that maybe clicking Open With and selecting another program would work, but it doesn't. Windows Image Viewer doesn't allow switching through different files, and Picassa goes through all images in Attachments (which in my case contain many versions with .backup extension and images from different notes)

I would like to point out that this comes as a great surprise for me, as the software has features like searching through an image, but doesn't allow conveniently going through lecture notes?

Thank you for your help.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  What are your images of?  I've seen suggestions that whiteboards and other displays could be photographed,  but notes tend to be added to a searchable PDF file rather than held in picture form,  and it is possible to page through a PDF file at various resolutions in most readers.

Thank you for your reply.

These are images of hand-written notes and skyboards. I am doing everything inside EN's environment. I make pictures via Evernote android app using the multi-feature. The app saves them into one note as png or jpg files. And then it is not possible to nicely view them in Windows Desktop Evernote.

To have them in PDF I would need to leave the Evernote's ecosystem.

Ability to do ctrl-,ctrl+ is available in annotating png files in Evernote, but not viewing them in the image gallery. Is there a reason that it is not available in Image Gallery? It seems a simple feature that would significantly increase usability.

Archived