Grammarly within Evernote

Felkyr

Idea

Here's another vote. -I actually came here to figure out why Grammarly isn't working in Evernote. It seems like a no-brainer, especially when it's web-based. -In fact, now that I"m typing this, Grammarly is fixing my spelling here in this discussion box on the Evernote site. (No-brainer and web-based should both be hyphenated... good to know.). 

• Like 9
On 11/22/2017 at 1:39 PM, jjsararas said:

+1000 I downloaded the Windows app presuming it would integrate with EN desktop. If you post a link to your feature request I'll +1 that too.

+ 10K I need Grammarly inside Evernote. The two most common and critical tools in my quiver.

Why can't you get along/integrate?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/4/2017 at 11:06 AM, Jeff Lee said:

... it's web-based. -In fact, now that I"m typing this, Grammarly is fixing my spelling here in this discussion box on the Evernote site.

Both sites are web-based, yes, but the Evernote editor is a bit more complicated, e.g. working checkboxes. Also, many forums use editors that have been modified by the authors to work with Grammarly.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, LukiCharmz said:

I have a pro subscription to Evernote and a pro subscription to Grammarly. I'd love to see integration natively across all Evernote platforms; desktop, mobile, and web.

It sucks that I have to type my notes in Evernote, copy / paste into grammarly, and then copy/paste back into Evernote. It's a total pain.

I don't have Grammarly but it does sound like a good idea. I think the more integrations Evernote have with popular productivity tools, the more new customers it will attract. Of course, more integrations also may mean more problems. So they would have to pick and choose.

By the way, I assume you are using the desktop app, otherwise it should work on the web app, correct?

• Like 3

H
I see a lot of talk on your help boards about making Grammarly accessible within Evernote, but its not so clear if this issue has been resolved or if its even in the works. 

Can you tell me if this is in the works in 2021? 
I am due to pay my annual subscription fee in April.
In March, I will be sitting down and revamping my entire note-taking system to determine if I will need to upgrade to the next level of service with Evernote or move solely over to Grammarly. 

My biggest struggle currently is I am pre-writing everything in Grammarly then copying it over into Evernote. This is not feasible. It has resulted in     100s of notes in Grammarly. Luckily they have a search feature where I can refer back to notes but they have no notebook filing system. 

• Like 2

With connected world today, different operating systems, different types of devices with different user interfaces, Evernote is in an ideal situation for cross OS and device integration.

Writing, dictating, adding to Evernote, syncing across platforms, using apps such as Grammarly to check our written or spoken words, then applying that text to a document for example word or InDesign, knowing that our punctuation is correct, inputting the data in a convenient why is paramount.

This lack of integration (Grammarly + Evernote) is putting in doubt my decision to use Evernote as my default note system. Actually, I was planning to become premium, but without this integration, it does not worth for me.

Funny thing: Grammarly was able to review my comment in the forum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

how much longer do your customers have to wait until you get over your ego and allow other app integrations. It's all about improving your customers experiences. You are not the experts in all fields. Make evernote practical, be adaptive.

• Like 2

I'd love to see some kind of Grammarly integration that's more like a product collaboration – offer it as part of my subscription, in all apps, and as a discounted price. This would motivate me to upgrade from my older pricing that I've been unwilling to switch away from for the past 5 years.

Yup, please! Grammarly integration would be great. Google doc is starting to eat up into my Evernote usage and even though I love the product, this one could be a deal breaker at the next renewal date.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:36 PM, Shane D. said:

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes for an Evernote/Grammarly integration here!

what holds you back?

I have been premium subscriber for years with Evernote. It is NOTE APP but without proper grammar check and grammar suggestions. Please either develop this feature or integrate Grammarly into Evernote Desktop app. It is almost 2020, wee need this. Thanks.

• Like 1

+1 and take (more of) my money!

I'm using Evernote for about anything written or conceptual and I rely on it for both work, freelance, blogging and private projects. I'm also using Grammarly for nearly anything that goes public. As I'm currently trying to limit my usage of Google Chrome for various reasons, my current workflow is as follows:

1. sketch notes in Evernote
  2. research and update notes in Evernote
  3. (Copy&Paste) move to Grammarly for checks and refinement
  4. (Copy&Paste) return to Evernote for peer review 
  5. final adjustments
  6. (Copy&Paste) final Check in Grammarly
  7. publish

Cooperation of Grammarly and Evernote in one Interface would be so much better.

• Like 1

Hello @EverNote team!

Just got registered on this forum to +1 this thread.

Moreover, without such integration (or a similar feature integrated in Evernote), people will tend to move to competitors (like Grammarly client is enough for simple use-cases).

Evernote Peeps:

So... How is it that Evernote is SUPPOSED to be the end-all-be-all (EABA) of note taking-software, yet it does not integrate with the EABA of type-editing software, Grammarly?

The EABA of word-processing, Microsoft Word, has integrated with Grammarly.

Chrome isn't the EABA of  browsers, (it has serious competitors [Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc]) 

so... GRAMMARLY INTEGRATED WITH THEM ALL!!!

This inadequacy of provision is the equivalent of:

1. Living in the year 1893

2. Having no running water (thus having to use buckets as your communal commode)

3. SOMEONE HASN'T DUMPED THE COMMODE IN A MONTH AND IT'S OVERFLOWING ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

TAKE CARE OF THIS INTEGRATION ISSUE ASAP PLEASE!

IT IS RIDICULOUSLY OVERDUE!

How is it possible that it hasn't already been handled/remedied?

As the EABA of your niche,

get with the program already,

If y'all intend to be taken serious.

Do something about this, please!!!

Common Evernote! 

Seriously...

My dyslexic girlfriend sat down to write some of her life stories.  She was using Word.  I suggested she use Evernote, as that way she couldn't lose her writing.  Then she asked if Grammarly worked in Evernote.  I came here and it seems the answer is NO, no Grammarly in Evernote.

Grammarly is a writing game-changer for dyslexic people.  Please add support for it to work in Evernote.

Perhaps Grammarly will work in the web version of Evernote, as others suggest in this thread.

• Like 3

I think having my notes proofreading is a must feature for Evernote to have. I kind of surprise that this has not been done already.

I always find myself copying and pasting the content of my notes to other places where I can have Grammarly, which is very annoying.

• Like 1
On 6/27/2020 at 3:56 PM, olivoo20 said:

I think having my notes proofreading is a must feature for Evernote to have. I kind of surprise that this has not been done already.

I always find myself copying and pasting the content of my notes to other places where I can have Grammarly, which is very annoying.

I totally agree and have to do the same thing.  Very frustrating.  

I've read the pleas for Grammarly integration and I see that it goes waaay back, years. It looks like all your users would benefit from this development... My question is, can Evernote weigh in and update this thread or send out an update whether this is a possibility? Thank you!

As a software engineer myself, how has nobody responded to anything on this thread? Even a "hey, we have it on the roadmap" I think would suffice.

For everyone that needs this support, I have uninstalled my desktop version and just saved Evernote Web App as a Bookmark in Chrome. Grammarly seems to be working fine in the web app.

Evernote's a natural place to write drafts.  All of our notes are here, and all the formatting tools make it just right -- not too many options to distract, but enough to get the rough format down.  BUT, Grammarly is pretty necessary during the drafting process as well.  I can copy-paste back and forth, but that's just awful.  So I usually end up deciding when the draft notes are done, I go over to grammarly app to write.

Which sucks:

1. The formatting options aren't nearly good enough.

2. Large structural changes need support from my notes, which is now in another app (Evernote).

3. Grammarly doesn't have any decent TODOs for follow-up work.

EDIT: Have you guys considered buying them and adding it as a Pro Feature?

GREAT IDEA. It is only logical. Since I write TONS of notes in Evernote. 

When I write on my laptop and I need Grammarly, I use Chrome to write my notes. Then, once I'm done, I copy paste it to Evernote. Such a tedious process.

So yes, please integrate it. 

Or if Evernote wants to use other spelling/grammar check tools like Grammarly, I'm also open for it. Evernote is AWESOME!

On 5/22/2017 at 11:56 AM, Felkyr said:

Whatever you guys are doing to allow Grammarly to work in your product, please don't change it ever for any reason. It irritates me to no end that I can't use it in Google Docs and other things I like, and that's mainly why I'm here. 

ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO OUR SCREAMING FOR THIS INTEGERATION EVERNOTE MARKETING TEAM !! HELLO!

25 minutes ago, agsteele said:

This thread is 4 years old and in that time just 13 different people have indicated that they would like a Grammarly integration. Hardly an overwhelming vote. Definitely not 'all'. I can't see that being the kind of support that would justify an investment - especially when EN is focused on finishing is v10.x release.

FWIW I don't need it either...

Interesting, I can see 314 votes for this topic but are they bots or something? Anyways, that’s a good point in a way. I just saw another comment mentioning that it’s useless to try to reach out the PM from this user-groups. And since there isn’t a single feedback from any EN staff during all these years, that should be correct. Perhaps it’s better to try the feedback option from the GUI as advised, else we can try/switch to another product when the subs renewal has come(if this support is that important).

cheers.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:22 AM, ecolbeth said:

It sort of works, it pops up in Evernote for Mac, but it doesn't make corrections. 

Mac User.

Hmmm, it was generally working but tonight it was not.  I did upgrade to 10.29.7 today which may be the issue.  I tried restarting Evernote and Grammarly Desktop.  No joy.  After a bit of working on other issues and apps, it is working again in Evernote both in windows and full screen.   Hopefully reliability will improve.

• Level 5

From what I see in the credits and license agreements EN is using Electron license 1.13 - whatever this means.

From the Electron concept it is obvious that it is probably harder to integrate 3rd party content into an app. The framework creates an additional layer that needs to be actively „tunneled“ to make it work. It seems that most Electron apps won’t provide for it.

We see the same when we try scripting, Apple Shortcuts app or similar.

On 1/28/2023 at 2:36 PM, bmcl26 said:

It has been working for quite while now, there are previous posts.  

It was the previous posts got me to make my Initial test, which in my previous posts I said, it did not work for me on my laptop.

It get it Grammarly working with EN, I removed Grammarly and downloaded the latest version of it. I think the problem was that I had a very hold version of Grammarly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5
9 hours ago, PocketD said:
  • Finally came back to Evernote after years of not using it. Really really enjoying it so far and I'll probably be here to stay. But, not seeing Grammarly integration kinda stinks. Can't wait to see it happen.

Coming to a thread, not reading it and then posting nonsense kinda stinks.

As of early January Grammarly is working again on EN v10. If it doesn't for you, updating everything can solve the issue.Sometimes you need to remove Grammarly and reinstall, making sure you use the latest version.

• Like 1