how do i automatically update to the latest version of evernote for windows? thanx.

• 6 months later...
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Dana Johnson said:

I do not see the support in the settings, what do I do?

Support is at the bottom of the list. You may need to scroll the list up to see it.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dana Johnson said:

Still nothing it is not showing up, again, please what do I do?

Try posting a screen cap of what you're seeing when you open Evernote settings on your device...

• Level 5
6 hours ago, Dana Johnson said:

How do I do the same on my samsung phone? As it is a samsung galaxy s8 plus.

The current version of the Evernote Android app does not have a setting to automatically do updates. I think there used to be a setting at the system level to do automatic updates for all apps, but I don't see it on my phone with Android 8 Oreo.

In the Evernote app, there is a setting to check for updates. As @jefito said:

1. In the Evernote app, tap the 3-line menu button at the top left.
  2. Find Settings at the bottom of the options that appear.
  3. In Settings, again scroll down to the bottom, and, under ABOUT, tap Support.
  4. At the bottom of the list of Support options is Check for updates. If you're already on the current version (7.17.1), this option will be grayed out and won't do anything.

Hope this helps you find it.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

The current version of the Evernote Android app does not have a setting to automatically do updates. I think there used to be a setting at the system level to do automatic updates for all apps, but I don't see it on my phone with Android 8 Oreo.

I've been under the impression that the Android app updates itself automatically (as do most Android apps), but I'm also on the beta stream, so maybe that makes things different.

13 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Hope this helps you find it.

Thanks -- you said it better than I did. 

3 hours ago, jefito said:

I've been under the impression that the Android app updates itself automatically

That's my impression (note, I'm a Windows dev - I only use Android). I didn't know you could not update! (I know I see Evernote listed as being updated periodically in the PlayStore messages - and I'm not on the beta channel there) Going into Settings/Applications (on the phone), I see my EN at version 7.17.1.

• Level 5

I choose not to automatically update apps. I prefer to be selective. I thought this was a setting on the phone; I've had it on all my previous Android phones. But it's not on my Android 8 Oreo Samsung Note 8. Turns out it's in the Google Play Store. :blush: There, under the Settings menu, there is an option for "Auto-update apps," and the choices are "Do not auto-update," "Auto-update at any time," and "Auto-update over Wi-Fi only." I have chosen "Do not." This applies to all Google Play apps, including Evernote.

So, @Dana Johnson, there's the actual answer: you can't set the Evernote app to update automatically; you can choose or reject automatic update for all your apps on Google Play.

Archived