Spread sheets in Evernote

I am a golfer.

I am going to a golf tournament.

I have created a spread sheet in the Excel App on my iPad, to keep track of all the scores for each golfer.

I would like to export this spreadsheet into Evernote that I can share with the other golfers.

How do I do this?

Every time I got yo export the spreadsheet, it creates a new Note in Evernote, I would like it to update the Note already in Evernote.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Dale Fleury said:

I have created a spread sheet in the Excel App on my iPad, to keep track of all the scores for each golfer.

I've encountered this problem when I try to embed documents inside Evernote notes
I think it's an IOS limitation
My solution would be to use a link in the note instead of embeding the spreadsheet

• Level 5*

You could try adding the spreadsheet to a note on your desktop version.  Then try and access the spreadsheet from the note on your iPad.  And if that doesn't work put the spreadsheet in DropBox.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dale Fleury said:

I cannot use my desktop version when at the golf tournament, as I will be working off my iPad totally.

I will try the Dropbox approach...

Sorry, I didn't mean to take the desktop to the tournament, just to create the note with the spreadsheet in it on the desktop and then see how it edits after syncing to the iPad.

@Dale Fleury - If you have the spreadsheet in your Excel app on your iPad, update that and show that to your fellow golfers, while you are playing the round(s).

What do you think you gain by adding it to a Note in Evernote?

If you want to save it after the round of golf is completed, you could save it to Evernote then. - - - Worst case, transfer the spreadsheet from the Excel app on your iPad to Excel on your desktop when you get home, and then attach it to a Note in Evernote and share that with the other golfers.

Am I missing something?

There is another step to this, but I was trying to do one piece at a time.

I tag the Note with "page" "publish" as I have a Postach.io account and this then becomes a blog, for all the golfers to view on whatever device they have with them.

Most of the golfers do not have Evernote (some may never have heard of it).

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dale Fleury said:

There is another step to this, but I was trying to do one piece at a time.

I tag the Note with "page" "publish" as I have a Postach.io account and this then becomes a blog, for all the golfers to view on whatever device they have with them.

Most of the golfers do not have Evernote (some may never have heard of it).

You can include a link to the spreadsheet file

or  as @Analyst444 suggested, do a one time import after the match

My vote is for the import instead of keeping an excel spreadsheet

Archived