Save multiple pictures from an Evernote note? Help please!

Hi,

Could someone please help me.  I've various notes with a number of pictures embedded (not attachments) from taking pictures within the Android app.  How do I save the pictures when in the desktop version, please?  I've tried Save Attachments from the note menu, and right-clicking within both the note and an individual picture and Save Attachments doesn't do anything.  The only thing that works is to right-click a picture and "Save As..." which allows saving of the picture.  Unfortunately this is very time-consuming when there are multiple pictures.

Many thanks for any assistance,

Neil

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can you explain more about what you're trying to do please?  If you saved these pictures in the Android app,  they should be synced back to your account on the server,  then to any other device attached to your account;  so the pictures will be part of the note on your desktop in exactly the same way that they are in Android.  If you wish to extract all the pictures from a note,  just right-click the note and choose "save attachments" to put the picture files wherever you choose.  If that's not happening then you're doing something wrong.

As you've already found this would be a very inefficient way to share a lot of pictures from your Android device to your desktop - why wouldn't you use the other shareing options built into the Android Gallery to copy/ move pictures around?

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-21 at 1:30 AM, neil_mw said:

I've various notes with a number of pictures embedded (not attachments)

I'm not sure what you mean by this
Images are included in notes as attachments - there is no "embedded" option

Some platforms have view options for attachments (inline or attachment); however this is display only and doesn't reflect how the attachment is stored

• Level 5
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

If you wish to extract all the pictures from a note,  just right-click the note and choose "save attachments" to put the picture files wherever you choose.  If that's not happening then you're doing something wrong.

I beg to differ. Remember @neil_mw said he'd tried that and it didn't work for him. Me either. I used a note I created on my Android phone that has nothing but 3 pictures in it. In the Windows program, whether I view them as pictures (inline) or select each and choose View as Attachment, right-clicking in the note and selecting Save Attachments appears to do nothing, zip, nada, zilch. I drill down through the circa-1992 folders dialog to a suitable folder in which to save them, select it, and the attachments are not saved there. Nor are they saved in C:\Users\{My Username}\Evernote\Databases\Attachments. Nothing happens, unless Evernote is saving (hiding) them in some random location of its choosing. (And I did check all the Evernote folders under AppData too.) Can anyone else using the Windows program get this to work?

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Can anyone else using the Windows program get this to work?

I have a note with two JPEGs in it.  Right click in the note, Save Attachments, save to Desktop.  The files for the two pictures are now on the desktop.  Worked for me in this instance.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Not here. Questions: Are the JPEGs viewed as attachments or not? Which version of Windows? Which "Desktop"? On my Win7 setup, I selected the one under my user name; same for you? Does the dialog you get when selecting Save Attachments look like the one below?

Either way, viewed as attachments or in line.  Windows 10 Pro.  EN 6.7.5.5825.  User name really didn't come into play, just selected Desktop as the destination

• Level 5
1 hour ago, csihilling said:

Either way, viewed as attachments or in line.  Windows 10 Pro.  EN 6.7.5.5825.  User name really didn't come into play, just selected Desktop as the destination

Does your folder-picking dialog look like my screenshot?  You're a couple versions ahead of me on both Windows and Evernote, so that may be it. @neil_mw, what versions of Windows and Evernote are you using?

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Does your folder-picking dialog look like my screenshot?  You're a couple versions ahead of me on both Windows and Evernote, so that may be it. @neil_mw, what versions of Windows and Evernote are you using?

ScreenClip.png.0568c9c028af2c95d2637d3e9a28e412.png

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Very different. So it may be the older version of Evernote that is the issue (unless EN just works differently on Win10, also not impossible). I need to update my Evernote, but I'm waiting till they maybe fix some of the formatting craziness in recent updates.

Yeah, I would think it would be more related to the EN version than the Windows, but who knows sometimes.  :blink:

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  I'm on 6.7.4 but Save Attachments does work for me...

Don't know if 6.7.5 is the trick or is there some other setting?  Can't remember for sure, but I think this worked for me on 6.7.4 also.  Just converted to 6.7.5 today....

• Level 5
On 9/21/2017 at 4:30 AM, neil_mw said:

Hi,

Could someone please help me.  I've various notes with a number of pictures embedded (not attachments) from taking pictures within the Android app.  How do I save the pictures when in the desktop version, please?  I've tried Save Attachments from the note menu, and right-clicking within both the note and an individual picture and Save Attachments doesn't do anything.  The only thing that works is to right-click a picture and "Save As..." which allows saving of the picture.  Unfortunately this is very time-consuming when there are multiple pictures.

Many thanks for any assistance,

Neil

@neil_mw, as you can see from the discussion that has followed your original post, it appears that the problem may be restricted to particular versions of Evernote running on particular versions of Windows. I have the same problem as you do (my setup is given in the signature below). When you right-click and select Save Attachments, do you get a folder-picking dialog that looks like the one in the screenshot below?

If you can update us with the information on your versions of Windows and Evernote, we may be able to pin this down a little better. And welcome to the forums, by the way!

Evernote Save Attachments 2.jpg

Goodness gracious me.  Thank-you everyone for all your comments and updates; particularly @Dave-in-Decatur for your welcome and helping explain the issue in far better terms than I could have done.

I'm slightly embarrassed but very glad to say that I've updated my version of Evernote to 6.7.5 and, as has been mentioned, the problem has been resolved.  That's extremely helpful - again, thank-you all very much.

• Level 5
19 minutes ago, neil_mw said:

Goodness gracious me.  Thank-you everyone for all your comments and updates; particularly @Dave-in-Decatur for your welcome and helping explain the issue in far better terms than I could have done.

I'm slightly embarrassed but very glad to say that I've updated my version of Evernote to 6.7.5 and, as has been mentioned, the problem has been resolved.  That's extremely helpful - again, thank-you all very much.

OK, good! You're welcome. Then I know what I need to do too ... just as soon as I feel confident about the formatting in the current release. (Not doing betas for Evernote; too much experience doing that elsewhere!)

Archived