Notification on Android Status Bar

senorwillburr

Idea

7 replies to this idea

in Android ColorNote, I will see icons/notifications on my status bar, until I remove them, for every note/checklist I have with a reminder set to "Pin to Status Bar."

That's what I am looking for, not an alarm type of notification.  Does that make sense, and is that what you state?

Thanks,

William

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, senorwillburr said:

is that what you state?

No,  sorry - ColorNote is different software designed to show you a link each time you 'Pin to Status Bar'.  Evernote has no such option.  It's actually a good idea though - I'll move this post to a Feature Request forum where others can vote on the idea if they support it.  You can't vote as the originator,  but I'll start you off with my vote for a new option: 'Pin Note to Status Bar'

(See top left of page for the counter)

• Level 5
23 hours ago, senorwillburr said:

in Android ColorNote, I will see icons/notifications on my status bar, until I remove them, for every note/checklist I have with a reminder set to "Pin to Status Bar."

That's what I am looking for, not an alarm type of notification.  Does that make sense, and is that what you state?

Thanks,

William

William, I'm not quite clear on what you're looking for that's not already available. In the Evernote app for Android, every time a notification goes off it puts an elephant icon in the status bar, and when I pull down the notification list it shows the title of each item for which there has been a notification. The notifications remain there until I dismiss them. This is the default behavior, and doesn't require a "pin to status bar action" (which, as @gazumped said, is not available in Evernote). Would it get you closer to what you want if you just set a reminder for 1 minute after you create or update the item, which will have the effect of putting it in the status bar after 1 minute?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Would it get you closer to what you want if you just set a reminder for 1 minute after you create or update the item, which will have the effect of putting it in the status bar after 1 minute?

I guess it could,  but the intent I took from this is that we want to be able to create a note - a 'work in progress' sort of thing - and pin to taskbar,  then go on to do something else on the device.  When a situation arises that I want to record in my note,  all I have to do is swipe down the taskbar and tap the icon to jump straight to the note...

• Level 5
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I guess it could,  but the intent I took from this is that we want to be able to create a note - a 'work in progress' sort of thing - and pin to taskbar,  then go on to do something else on the device.  When a situation arises that I want to record in my note,  all I have to do is swipe down the taskbar and tap the icon to jump straight to the note...

Ah, I see. (Let me know, @senorwillburr, if that's right!) In which case my 1-minute reminder idea wouldn't work, since it would clear from the notification area when it was tapped. Well, that type of pinning does sound like a good idea.

Archived