Evernote behaviour with external links

TdeV

Hi folks. Generally, I use my office desktop for Evernote, but I'm now on a vacation and have both my iphone DE and a Samsung Tab S2 Android tablet.

I have links embedded in my notes but when I click on the link my mobile display does not immediately switch to the browser app.So, effectively, the link doesn't work.

To be fair, I don't actually want En to switch to a browser, I want it to go and find the relevant note (and remain inside of Evernote). How do I accomplish this?

TIA

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, TdeV said:

To be fair, I don't actually want En to switch to a browser, I want it to go and find the relevant note (and remain inside of Evernote).

There are two types of links
- browser; https://www.evernote.com/.....
- in-appt (Classic); evernote:///view/...

Both type of links work ok on my iPad 

>>One of the difficlties I am having is that I have no way to right-click on an En note.

Why do you want to right-click on a note?

21 hours ago, DTLow said:

Why do you want to right-click on a note?

This is how I copy with my desktop Windows. I should have said right-click on a link. 

I'm trying to figure out how to activate a link inside mobile Evernote (not very successfully). Seems clumsy that I can't just "activate" the link by clicking on it. I don't know how to copy a link so I can go over to Chrome and paste it.

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, TdeV said:

This is how I copy with my desktop Windows. I should have said right-click on a link. 

Mostly links just work for me;  I can also hold down on the link and I get this menu (iPad)

39A0E4C0-92E6-4275-85E6-73A12366E186.thumb.jpeg.ebe6f676154a6edec50a33af06dae5c5.jpeg

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, TdeV said:

I'm trying to figure out how to activate a link inside mobile Evernote (not very successfully). Seems clumsy that I can't just "activate" the link by clicking on it. I don't know how to copy a link so I can go over to Chrome and paste it.

Not sure this is what you are asking about, but anyway

1. If on your desktop, highlight the URL in the address area, copy, and paste into a note.  
  2. On mobile, press the address, press copy and paste into a note.  

In both cases, pressing the link in the note should transfer you to the web page.

Archived