Pen for Evernote Web

Aristidis

Idea

I use Evernote Web on my Windows 10 touchscreen - which allows me to flip the screen and use it as a tablet. 

I would be great if Evernote Web (I use Chrome as my browser) had the ability to use a pen to create notes, just like you can on the iPad Pro app. 

In meetings, I use my laptop (HP Spectre) as a tablet - like an iPad Pro - and the pen functionality would be awesome. 

Any chance that this functionality is being developed/ aimed to be released? 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you can use the installed desktop version rather than the web you would have access to 'ink' notes,  and more or less any writing app that works on that device and saves to a file could be used instead of either the web or installed clients - just write your document then save the output file as an attachment to a note.  You should be able to edit that document in the same app straight from the note,  and if it is saved or exported to a pciture or PDF format you'll be able to see it 'inline' if you wish.

Evernote don't (usually) share any information about whether or not they're working on a specific feature,  or if so when that might be released;  so you're best off concentrating on work-arounds unless and until something happens.

Thanks gazumped. Not entirely what I was looking for, but I guess the work around could be just as useful. 

I use PDF XChange Viewer as my PDF editor, and that allows you to create a blank page, and select a pen to write on. 

Ideally, I could do this within Evernote directly (desktop or web). 

Archived