Web Clipper and Tor

First, it's taken me nearly an hour to find any forum that had the ability to create a new topic.  I have been going in circles.  I'm probably not in the correct forum, but I can't afford to spend another hour just trying to find how to ask for help.

I added the Web Clipper to Tor.  When I click on it nothing happens.  It appears to be the latest version.  It installs from within Tor.  I tried to search for Web Clipper for Tor or Web Clipper for Firefox.  There are links, but it only seems to have me install Firefox.  I did see on the Firefox website it has a rating of 2 stars, with most people saying that it just doesn't work.  Since I can't install it, I couldn't even leave another "doesn't work," review.

Does it work?  What do I need to do to get it to work?

I've got a Macbook Air with the latest versions of OSX, latest version of Tor, latest version of the daily newspaper, etc.

Help me, Evernote Gurus and/or technical staff.....T'oure my only hope!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Full credit for the film quote,  but I doubt I can help - apart from not being a Force Mac user,  I don't believe that Clipper was intended to work via the Tor browser.  You could download and install Firefox or Chrome and check in their respective Add-on sites for the Clipper extension - which despite the ratings has worked in Firefox for me for the last 8 years or so...

Or you could contact Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  to see whether they have any suggestions.  Sorry not to be more help... I'm clearly not the Guru your were looking for ;)

Good luck with your search.

• Level 5*

I had a bad feeling about that.

It's a trap!

OK - I don't know.  If the Tor browser is based off Firefox or Chrome,  maybe they have access to the same add-ins,  though Evernote's apps will be updated as those two browsers are developed,  while the Tor code might be older,  so Evernote developed away from it?  Just guessing.  Best ask Support direct.  Please let us know what you find out!

Archived