Developer Token are not supported anymore?

Damon_M

Updated:

Developer Tokens were disabled as a precaution for something pending but I don't know what that something is - we'll have to wait for Evernote to provide more info on it. Phil Seeman @phils

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed the generate token link and get this : 

1. Update: the creation of developer tokens is temporarily disabled.

For both Evernote international and yinxiang account.

Checked with tech support:

Evernote

尊敬的用户 blurm,您好!

印象笔记目前没有单独针对笔记metadata的权限设置。
通过OAuth方式无法读取用户的全部笔记,只能创建新笔记或者读取应用笔记本(即用户在授权时指定的笔记本)中的笔记。
Developer Token因安全问题将停止支持,因此目前也不建议使用。

—印象笔记用户支持团队

blurm - 9月15日
oauth认证只能取得用户授权的某一个笔记本的笔记,如何获得用户的全部笔记(只要metadata,不需要内容)?Developer Token?

还可以通过如下方式联系我们:
在微信、微博给我们留言: 搜索『印象笔记』
看看知乎大神怎么用:http://dwz.cn/1ZVKbV
到豆瓣小组与更多用户互动:http://dwz.cn/4IeKL7

[N34GGL-53MJ]

Basically it said Developer Token will not be supported soon since the security issues, and not recommanded to use it.

I'm working with a chrome extension to fuzzy search notes, so I need to cache all notes' metadata. Right now, is there anyway can do this?

So it seems that there is a security concern related to the use of developer tokens.  I use my develop token in a python script to access my notebook and tag lists to construct a notebook/tag string that I can add to anything that I send to EN via email.  Does anyone know another way to capture these lists within a script? 

Thanks

Good point.  I am using Editorial on my iPad Pro.  The ability to send anything to a specific “place” in EN (via the share by email option) while using my ipad is pretty nifty. The tagging option in Evernote’s  “Share to” IOS dialog is very cumbersome because it requires me to scroll through my long list of tags. 

If I switch to my mac, the EN webclipper will work well instead, but your applescript possibilities sound interesting. 

Jay

On 2017/9/28 at 10:18 AM, jjjchens235 said:

I also use a python script to generate certain notes and tags daily, so this issue has been driving me crazy.

Good news is that today, I was able to finally get a new developer token and everything is running smooth again.

Updated:

I think it's back to normal again.

image.thumb.png.9f0874a015e30c8886ff6d82dfe5f1ce.png

Can anybody else confirm this?

Mine:

image.png.12651ae665c652791b16faeada23c2c1.png

Still.

24 minutes ago, Damon_M said:

Are you sure? I still got the Warning.

I just switched to another EN account to test for you and the warning showed up for this account while no warning for my main account.
It could be different for each account.

Maybe you should wait a little bit and retry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ex Employees
11 hours ago, Sunny Sigara said:

@Austin G

The link you gave me ask me to reset my password and not resetting my token.

https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action is a direct link to our support form. Please use that link to contact support to receive a new token.  If you're not signed in to Evernote Web you will first be prompted to login.

Try using this link  to sign in. After you're signed in, use the link above to get to the support form. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, what's news about this ?

I still have the error message in qestion.

After 6 months it's been a long time.

And impossible to contact the support with the link cited, it does not give access to any form.

Do you intend to correct the problem or keep the community informed or should evernote be considered obsolete and should we move towards alternative solutions?

• Level 5

@Raymhi @johnnychq To elaborate, we had some security concerns regarding developer tokens that we've been working to tighten up. In the meantime, we're asking users to open a support ticket in order to acquire a new token.

However, as you mentioned you're having trouble with the support ticket, I'll be reaching out to you individually via DM to try and further assist you!

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions via the DM!

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
12 hours ago, dgc said:

I can't request a developer token:

screenshot_538.thumb.png.ba3493d3e64ffa6c8a88271ef6cfdc55.png

Do I need to upgrade to a paid account to link a client application?

Check the link at the top of this page.

3 hours ago, CalS said:

Check the link at the top of this page.

I mean, the top of this page is a menu, but if you mean https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action, that's what I did. I used that link to request a developer token, but it wouldn't let me enter anything. It told me I needed to upgrade, per screenshot above.

Evernote Support

What can we help you with?Technical Issues- My Account Billing and Payments Technical Issues Feedback and Communication How to use Evernote Evernote Business App Store Reviews
Select a topicOther

Please submit a ticket and provide as much information as possible so we can diagnose the problem. For example:

• Steps to reproduce
  • Screen recording or screenshots
  • Device & operating system
  • Activity log

Not what you're looking for? Try a quick search.

OR
Talk to other usersCommunityNever sleeps
Upgrade to Premium for chatUpgrade

Upgrade for email supportUpgradeWhenever you need us
1 minute ago, dgc said:

I mean, the top of this page is a menu, but if you mean https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action, that's what I did.

Okay, I see another link to "Obtaining Developer Tokens" but that just leads to opening a support ticket, which is the same as SupportLogin and still doesn't show me any way to actually open a ticket after I choose three categorical descriptions of the ticket I'd like to open. Just a proposal that I upgrade.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dgc said:

Okay, I see another link to "Obtaining Developer Tokens" but that just leads to opening a support ticket, which is the same as SupportLogin and still doesn't show me any way to actually open a ticket after I choose three categorical descriptions of the ticket I'd like to open. Just a proposal that I upgrade.

DM @Shane D. per her comment in the post, "You can make a request via Support Ticket, or you can reach out directly to me via direct message."

Archived